Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came up on another 430 CLK last night. Long stretch and I was behind him at the light, I just knew I would have a struggle to catch him.....started off, I immediately see black smoke from the exhaust (maybe he doesnt run his car often or uses cheap gas or something like that) and he also didnt seem to have any mods, anyway I actually caught and passed him and started to walk away, he asked me did I even have a 430 or something else when we came to a stop...I guess those mods and using high octane really makes a difference

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess cause i can and it looks cool to the chicks and you can see better :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well Bill, thanks for asking. The Inmotion site states an approximate 10% gain in HP to make ur 430 a true 300HP autobahnblitzer. More significant though are two real life effects related by ur fellower Benzworlders. First they report marked improvement in throttle response and secondly a modest increase in MPG. These are gains that you really feel without the benifit of a dyno. Throttle response=neck snap=horsepower IMHO.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bill is funny...anyway the top speed limiter was the first issue for me, you can definitely feel a difference in the ride, it seems nasty when it strikes after you hit the gas, the ECU was the best thing I did for my CLK besides keeping it clean

1 - 10 of 10 Posts