Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[:(] My 1999 CLK Cabrio developed a hydraulics leak and I brought it to the dealer to fix. They have the system tight now with some new hoses, but cannot get the top to go down past the half way point -- for 3 days now! They claim they are testing everything they can think of.

This may not be related but ever since the car was new, if you hit a pothole the car would start to do into top down mode -- windows would go down and car would sound the ding because I'm driving. It would then take several restarts before the warning light would go out -- otherwise it thinks the cycle hasn't finished. Maybe there's an inherent flaw.

Any ideas are welcome about getting the top fixed -- I can't be the first in history, can I?

·
Registered
3 Posts
This could be related to your rollbar/rear headrest. I recently hit a pothole and my top would not go up...I thought the motor was damaged, because it was accompanied by a loud sound. It turned out that when I hit the pothole, the rear headrests ejected up...when that happens, the top becomes inoperable. Just make sure your headrests are all the way down when you try to operate the top...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts