Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here replaced or upgraded their steering wheel? My interior is in great condition, but my steering wheel
looks really bad. It’s worn out all around the outer part of the wheel.
I still want to maintain the steering wheel controls or maybe upgrade to a newer model wheel?

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yup, I am so used to the AMG style steering wheel and finally replaced the original steering wheel with a nice AMG style one.

Replacment is a straight swap out, the trick is to make sure the airbag fits the steering wheel, all controls are part of the air bag so you don't have to worry about that.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You could use a product such as gliptone leather restorer to recolour it. I did that with mine as I didnt fancy taking the wheel off. The results were pretty amazing. No more worn through to black leather for me, just a nice dark grey wheel again.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Here it is. I like the wider grip on the steering wheel. A bit expensive accessory and not a necessity. However, the way I see it, the steering wheel and the seats are the part of the vehicle that a driver touch most.:p

Well Christmas is coming and I still believe in Santa...lol Happy holiday...

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yup, I am so used to the AMG style steering wheel and finally replaced the original steering wheel with a nice AMG style one.

Replacment is a straight swap out, the trick is to make sure the airbag fits the steering wheel, all controls are part of the air bag so you don't have to worry about that.
Yours looks beautiful! May I know where did you get it?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I had same issue

On my w220 and it is easy to replace the steering wheel.

Disconnect battery
remove 4 bolts holding air bag from back of wheel
then remove center bolt pull off old wheel NOTE CENTER and put replacent back same alignment.
Reattach airbag
Done

It took me all of 10 minutes.

This one should work for you as these models share the same wheel.

MERCEDES W210 E-CLASS 00-02 STEERING WHEEL WOOD LEATHER | eBay

·
Registered
280 Posts
On my w220 and it is easy to replace the steering wheel.

Disconnect battery
remove 4 bolts holding air bag from back of wheel
then remove center bolt pull off old wheel NOTE CENTER and put replacent back same alignment.
Reattach airbag
Done

It took me all of 10 minutes.

This one should work for you as these models share the same wheel.

MERCEDES W210 E-CLASS 00-02 STEERING WHEEL WOOD LEATHER | eBay
Be careful, the airbag dictates whether the wheel is suitable to your car. If anyone want one that fit 96-2000 E class, I have one for sale.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yours looks beautiful! May I know where did you get it?
Thanks for the compliment. I got it from a local supplier from Toronto. He has this steering wheel for quite sometime for someone who has ordered the wrong part. He sell it to me at cost, so I don't have to worry about shipping, tarriff and all the extra charge.

This is the style which I want for my S class, unfortunately the airbag won't fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts