Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a chance of purchasing CLK AMG's they are 17x7.5 in the front and 17x8.5 in the rear. believe they are 37 offset. just wondering if anyone has the knowledge of it fitting on my 1991 190e 2.6? also please take into consideration that i might lower the car in the future. please let me know wat size tires i need to run and wat springs i need. any help would be gratly appreciated. thank you.

·
Registered
371 Posts
fronts are good. dont know if 8.5 will fit in the back. if you use the search button there are plenty of old threads that will tell you every size you can fit with and without spacers

·
Registered
34 Posts
i fit clk 17x7.5 et35 with 215/40/17 tires all around...

the rears would be close, but they aren't moving much.. would have to go with a 215 width tire to fit i think with the 8.5 rears... might look a little stretched though

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
miloszs rims are the so called steelies that mercedes made for the clk

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
mehh they look so so ive seen them in person on a 300 or was it a 190 dun remember but they sorta look cheap imo..

·
Registered
452 Posts
i have a chance of purchasing CLK AMG's they are 17x7.5 in the front and 17x8.5 in the rear. believe they are 37 offset. just wondering if anyone has the knowledge of it fitting on my 1991 190e 2.6? also please take into consideration that i might lower the car in the future. please let me know wat size tires i need to run and wat springs i need. any help would be gratly appreciated. thank you.
I have purchased my AMGs that came off a CLK55. I have the same size that you have indicated. The tire size I am using are 215/40/17 all around. The rears are slightly stretched, since the 17x8.5 are staggered. As for suspension, I have Bilstein sport shocks and H&R race springs. You might consider in rolling-in all four fenders, to prevent from ruining your tires or rubbing everytime you hit a bump. Because, I had to do it. Here are a few pics of my car with the wheels and lowered.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I picked the wheels. came to find out that the rears are 17x8.5 but the offset is 30. things are looking good so far as ive seen so many peeps running these setup on their 201's. amg190benz, ur car looks great. thanks for the pics and info. now im looking forward to having mines on. i'll post pics as soon as i can.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I picked the wheels. came to find out that the rears are 17x8.5 but the offset is 30. things are looking good so far as ive seen so many peeps running these setup on their 201's. amg190benz, ur car looks great. thanks for the pics and info. now im looking forward to having mines on. i'll post pics as soon as i can.
Thank you & you're welcome... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
whats this about rolling the fenders in>
If you place your hand on the wheel arch, you'll feel a U-shaped design that is formed to give the arch additional strength. "Rolling" the wheel arch will flatten that U-section and provide more clearance.

Before rolling, always make sure the inside of the fender is really clean and it wouldn't hurt to spray a mastic corrosion inhibitor before mashing the metal flat.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
If you place your hand on the wheel arch, you'll feel a U-shaped design that is formed to give the arch additional strength. "Rolling" the wheel arch will flatten that U-section and provide more clearance.

Before rolling, always make sure the inside of the fender is really clean and it wouldn't hurt to spray a mastic corrosion inhibitor before mashing the metal flat.
also, heating up the paint a bit with a heatgun or the likes will prevent cracking.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts