Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me what they have heard about whether Eibach prokit is better or is H&R sport springs better on a CLK? All the info Ive seen on the internet has been different so i dint know what is accurate. I have read that Eibach will lower 1.2" on front and back, and H&R is 1.4"(front) and 1.3"(rear). Is this right? And which spring has better ride and handling quality. PLEEEEEEEZE if anyone knows about this email mE!!!THANKS!

·
Registered
CLK320
2 Posts
i got the eibach's just cuz the dealer told me to, without research. big mistake.th...

i got the eibach's just cuz the dealer told me to, without research. big mistake.

the eibach lower evenly front and back, but the spacing is differently on the car, so in the end it looks like the back is too low compared to the front. while this might be perfect for your 64 impala, it's not exactly desirable for a clk haha.

that's why the h&r's lower different amounts, to correct this. also, i heard they ride a lot better than the eibachs.

take it from me, who got the eibachs, don't get the eibachs. haha

alright peace man,
æmk

by the way here is my car, i donno if u can tell the back looks lower. you might think, oh it's not that bad, but keep in mind this is also on a decline so the front is even lower than it usually is. haha i did that on purpose for the picture to try to correct the problem aesthetically, but alas, eibachs suck ass.

Attachments

·
Registered
-06' CLS500 Lorinser-08'-MC Design Whips Project SL -06' Land Rover-
419 Posts
Hey, what color is that? It looks almost purple...Don't feel bad my H&R's have the same...

Hey, what color is that? It looks almost purple...Don't feel bad my H&R's have the same issue front vs back.

Mark

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: Hey, what color is that? It looks almost purple...Don't feel bad my H&R's have the same

Hey, what color is that? It looks almost purple...Don't feel bad my H&R's have the same issue front vs back.

Mark
So it seems like its not a matter of springs if this problem is true for Eibach's and H&Rs. Ive been reading and there seems to be a consensus that Eibach's give a more comfortable ride. To resolve the uneven lowering, I think spring pads need to be used. Use thinner ones for the front.

Thats a nice red/burgundy car by the way. Got any more pics?

·
Registered
clk55 amg
24 Posts
coil spring

I use H&R on car it handle better. and I have problem after I lower it.my car rear camber can not adjust and my tires wear out too quick. I don't know did you have a same problem.

·
Registered
2001 CLK430
12 Posts
I just installed the H&R Sport springs and changed my pads to 3/3 (from 5/3) and it's just...

I just installed the H&R Sport springs and changed my pads to 3/3 (from 5/3) and it's just about an even gap front/rear. The rear is slightly lower but it still gives it a niced "raked" look.

·
Registered
clk 320
8 Posts
Yeah i went with eibachs before i saw these replies. big mistake. way more gap on the fr...

Yeah i went with eibachs before i saw these replies. big mistake. way more gap on the front than rear. i hear that H&R's have the smae problem but not as exaggerated. H&Rs actually lower the front a lil more to compensate for this problem but i guess they didnt compensate enough. i know the 320's have more of this problem because we dont have a V8 engine that heavier and lowers the front a lil more. so on the 320s it is much more noticeable. well i alleviated this problem by changing the front pads to a 1 and left the rears a 3. now im happy. and i just got konis which went real well with eibachs. so unless you change the front pads and get konis the eibachs really do suck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys,, I am interested in the H&R springs for my CLK.. But can you tell me where i can order from ? Im currently in MiddleEast i want best site plz

·
Registered
89' 190e 2.6 / 02' CLK55 AMG
138 Posts
Check out Vogtland i've been very impressed with their springs. I read all over the place H&R vs Vogtland, Intrax vs H&R, Vogtland vs FK, nothing but praised words for Vogtland. Vogtland springs are longer then H&R so offer more varible tension during compression. Everyone else, are pretty much just shorter progressive springs. Vogtland has been around longer then the two companies you've mentioned, very popular in Euro cars. Like everything good that comes out of germany very hard to get here in the US.

I had H&R's in my 190e i found the ride a bit harsh, and wasn't as low as wanted. I went back to Intrax which i had used before in my E30, i loved it then and i loved it again 190e felt perfect! Nothing but smiles on my face when i hit the canyons. Basicly H&R's was a mistake. I ain't going back.

Why not Intrax in my CLK55. Cause they fall short on heavier cars and i always wanted Vogtlands for my 190e but never could get a hold of em.

Eibach very little drop and below avg ride.

·
Registered
2002 clk430
91 Posts
gizzo everybody else with clk's pretty much praise H&R springs. How much are the Vogtland springs what is the drop and where can hey be purchased in the states?

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,479 Posts
i got the eibach's just cuz the dealer told me to, without research. big mistake.

the eibach lower evenly front and back, but the spacing is differently on the car, so in the end it looks like the back is too low compared to the front. while this might be perfect for your 64 impala, it's not exactly desirable for a clk haha.

that's why the h&r's lower different amounts, to correct this. also, i heard they ride a lot better than the eibachs.

take it from me, who got the eibachs, don't get the eibachs. haha

alright peace man,
æmk

by the way here is my car, i donno if u can tell the back looks lower. you might think, oh it's not that bad, but keep in mind this is also on a decline so the front is even lower than it usually is. haha i did that on purpose for the picture to try to correct the problem aesthetically, but alas, eibachs suck ass.

I would disagree !!!

In my experience, the Eibachs lowered my car perfect in the front but the rear was too high ! This tells me that the each car differes depending on engine size and modle class etc. It can also depend from car to car, as my front pads were stock #5 and #2 in the rear, yet other cars have #4 in the rear for the same model.?
The ride I beleive will be slightly more cushioned with the Eibachs then H&R which some people have said are very firm.

In the end my set up was Eibach Pro kit, no#1 pad front and zero rear, the ride is sweet and comfortable still keeping the Merc characteristics. Good Luck !

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
I have to agree with A1EK.

Don't dismiss Eibach's.

Firstly, I have Eibach's so I can only reflect on my own experiences.
That does not mean, however, that I am bias towards them.

My reason for buying Eibach's?.... because they are reputable (I researched alittle to find out, for example, what standard of cars they are used on) and because I could get hold of Eibach's easier than H&R's!

With that said, I am VERY happy with my purchase.

After looking over this thread I can see that most people's gripe over Eibach's is that they don't lower the front & rear of the car as "ideally" as perhaps the H&R's.

If the question is "Which is better, H&R or Eibach's?" my response would be that they are both very reputable brands who both make impressive performance products.

But if your question is aimed more at the post-installation appearance of your car, then I gather from everyone that H&R will provide a more even drop.

But don't forget that un-even drops can be easily remedied by swapping spring pads.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
89' 190e 2.6 / 02' CLK55 AMG
138 Posts
Its all personal preferance. Some ppl like it soft and hold the car be hard at certain tensions or just be hard throughout the spring tension, all at different spring heights.

Its just my experiance on the same car, same shocks, Intrax felt just right. It was soft just cruisin, hard at the right compression. H&R were hard just cruisin, body roll was the same on both and under load 5 ppl. Since this cars gas tank was infront of the rear axle, rear end was kinda light. H&R's made my back harsh lost traction around corners easier.
Intrax's on the freeway like im running bilstien HD with stock springs felt like the car isn't even lowered until you go over a dip or mash it around the off ramp, kinda its like its there when you need it.
I tried H&Rs cause my best friend was working for a big wheel and suspension shop that worked jsut on Audis,VW,BMW he loved H&Rs + wholesale price. No matter what pad combination i could never get it in dialed like my BMW E30 with intrax spring bilstien shocks. The shop found a distributer for Vogtland springs (this was like 7 years ago) he was estatic has logos in the shop and was the managers #1 pick for cars that came in. I was liek whatever cause i thought they were for Audi's and VWs. I could not find where i could get em for my car at the time so went back to what i loved Intrax and did not look back.
Shop manager showed me how much longer then Vogtland springs are but still offer the same ride height, how tension will be more fluid then my shorter spring, and talked about the company history some 100 years old, and how hes been waiting for these forever. He offered to install them on my car for free when they became available cause i was lovin my Intrax so much.
So i put Vogtlands on my CLK cause its known that Intrax has been bad on bigger cars cause they are soft and ride low. After all the research and all the good things i heard and read about these springs. Go ahead read around do the search for "H&R vs Vogtland".

1 - 20 of 27 Posts