Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened about 4:30 this afternoon. I was on my way back from Tampa International Airport, coming home from a trip to NYC. My exact location was Exit 43 going South on I-75 near Bradenton, FL. Just driving along and I noticed what I thought was one of those new Saleen supercars in my rearview (don't remember what it's called...but anyway). The vehicle was silver and it certainly had a very strange profile from my mirror...very, very low and extremely wide. At first I assumed it was some kit car. I merged right, slowed down and this thing passed me. My first reaction was 'no f---ing' way!'. This car looked EXACTLY like a CLK GTR, right down to the scoop on the roof and huge wing molded into the body. Looked like a race car. It appeared to have a proper license plate bolted on, but immediately tailgating this car -and blocking my view of the plate - was a very dirty Ferrari F50 with the top off. Both were very LOUD, hauling ass and going south. I could not get a good view of the plate and I tried to catch up with these two but they were just flying, racing each other. I took my exit and went home.<br> <br> Are these things even street legal? Would it be possible that what I saw was the real deal? In light of the F50 behind it, I kinda would assume it was; these drivers probably knew each other. I know for a fact there's an F50 here...the guy who owns that has a Diablo, and a Testarossa with one of those Straman convertible jobs + a bunch of other cool rides. Wouldn't surprise me if the same guy owned both. The area I live in is Sarasota/Bradenton, about 60 miles south of Tampa and 80 miles north of Ft. Myers.<br> <br> What would you guys know about something like this?<br> <br> Anthony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. The car was heading towards Orlando to attend a drive/caravan of exotics. I was going to attend, but was unable. I had a couple of buddies of mine from the NSXCA and their NSX's attend. I heard it was a beautiful and very fast car in the drive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He must have been heading back...

to wherever he came from, because they were going in the opposite direction. See, I knew I wasn't crazy!<br> <br> I still wonder if this vehicle is street legal. <br> <br> BTW, there's a guy down here who had not one, but two McLaren F1s for sale in the duPont Registry a while back. He was some kind of retired jockey. Sick.<br> <br> All in due time, I guess.<br> <br> Peace!<br> <br> :)<br> <br> Anthony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$2,500,000....I found a link to someone selling them

Answered my own question...<br> <br> http://www.4ri.ch/cars/CLK_GTR/body_clk_gtr.html<br> <br> That's sick!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dunno. I mean with all the horsepower and such, it still looks

like an ordinary CLK with a really screwed up body kit. I would much rather get a pagoni zonda and tune it up to that 600 hp. The clk gtr is definitely not worth 2.5 million greenbacks. A mclaren doesn't even cost that much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts