Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CLK 43Cabriolet
46 Posts
I actually like it with the smaller star that sits flush with the rest of the grille.

I just installed a new grill on my 2001 CLK yestrday and I think the star is too big. I don't like how the star protrudes out on top on the grill rather than flush.

I would be happy to trade anyone that wants to swap. I am also willing to pay the difference in cost.

I was also a disappointed with the cheap hood logo that I received. It is just a cheap piece of plastic that fills the hole left from the upright hood star. I was really hoping for something of more quality, let alone metal. The plastic cap doesn't really sit right because it is flat and the hood is not....

Does anyone out there know where I can get a higher-quality hood logo that is more consistent with the Mercedes-quality parts?

·
Registered
CLK,SLK
1,181 Posts
That's the one I'm waiting for. Whoever sold it to you could make a killing here with a group buy, we're so hungry for it. Did you get it from the UK?

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
Thats not his car. His car is the one at the bottom in his signature and he's got chrome rims. With the signature image though it does look like it's part of the images, lol. [;)]

·
Registered
2001 CLK 430
174 Posts
BrooklynCLK - 2/7/2005 4:24 PM

Thats not his car. His car is the one at the bottom in his signature and he's got chrome rims. With the signature image though it does look like it's part of the images, lol. [;)]
Winter Season in CHIICAGO.

I took my wheels off in November.

·
Registered
2001 CLK 430
174 Posts
plevine - 2/7/2005 6:44 PM

Is that the test grille that Jerry is getting? If not, where did you get it?
Yes it is.

·
Registered
2001 CLK 430
174 Posts
Phade - 2/6/2005 1:40 AM

has same and better shit for 50 bucks cheaper..
I hope you're not talking about this GRILL.

NASTY!!!!!!!!!!

Thats like puting CLK 320 emblems on a 430

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430
1,131 Posts
for my mercedes was in the sentence but this site is weird and erases websites.. in posts.. anyhow how much did you pay for the test one..

·
Registered
2002 CLK430 Coupe
105 Posts
what is the difference going to be between that one and the final product? How did you get hooked up with that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Keep it original freaks - your car will be worth more in the end!

Quit trying to pimp your ride. If you want the look buy a CL.

·
Registered
1999 CLK 430, 2001 ML 320
172 Posts
Chicago,
How'd you get that grille so early? You have some inside connections with Jerry or something? I've already preordered that grille and can wait another month or two but am surprised to see one of them out already. Looks damn nice!

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
the pic of the grille alone looked great, but then when i saw it on the front of the car, it looks like a mercedes with down syndrome. I guess the CL hood/grille combo must be the only way to get the look right.

·
Registered
1995 BMW M3
11 Posts
Castorpimp - 2/7/2005 10:57 PM

the pic of the grille alone looked great, but then when i saw it on the front of the car, it looks like a mercedes with down syndrome. I guess the CL hood/grille combo must be the only way to get the look right.
i agree, i got sent a pic of the grille on its own and it looked amazing (see below), but on the car it looks stupid, the star is waaaaay too big in the pics above, unless theyve been photoshopped which would explain the look but i doubt they have...

ive been holding out for this one too, now im just pissed off!!![:(!]

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
Sorry CHIclk, didn't realise that was your car. The rims threw me. [;)]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts