Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got mine installed!! wooohhooo... Thanks to Chris (cmorosco)!!! no cutting of the bumper done!! i will take some pics tonight! one thing i dont like is the gap on both sides... there's about 3/4" gap. Anybody wants to buy my grill? yes the CLK grill (brackets not inlcuded).. it's silver/chrome, the top part is drilled not cut! i wanna try black/chrome or the DJH ones on ebay.

·
Registered
2000 SLK 230 LE
196 Posts
got mine installed!! wooohhooo...
I'm glad it worked out. Can't wait to see the pics.

The black and chrome looks really nice because it hides the gap. I'm curious to see how the silver turned out on your silver car. Is the gap too obvious?

·
Registered
2000 SLK 230 LE
196 Posts
Nice job, it looks really good. I like the silver grill on your silver car. Why do you want to replace it with the black one?

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i'll keep the silver since nobody is interested.... Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
I prefer the R129 SL grille...looks a lot cleaner

Attachments

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DA_SURG, that R129 is nice too.. looks like it was made for our car. it would be nicer if it has lesser lines.

chris, i'll take pics as soon as it stops raining so you guys can see the silver on silver.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
138 Posts
I agree with slkpwr that the CLK grill looks best. I ordered mine from http://www.x-t-c.com/ , and they mistakenly sent me a black and chrome grill, even though I ordered the silver and chrome one... I immediately sent it back, and received the groll that I ordered. IMHO, the silver and chrome looks best on a silver SLK. Just my .02 EURO... [:)]

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK 230 kompressor
175 Posts
Hi members,

It's the first time I'm on the site.
I saw the forum on the CLK-grill.

I have it myself on my briliant silber 23o kompressor. I have the CLK Avantgarde (chrome and black) grill, looks tremendous.
If you want to purchase a grill like my one modified and ready to install check this site. www.x-t-c.com
Our german collegues on www.mbslk.de refer to this firm.
You can aslo purchase a standard CLK-grill from your local MB-center, but the you have to modify it your self. Here's a link how to do it. http://www.mbslk.de/modules.php?name=News&file=categories&op=newindex&catid=1

Best regards
Robert, Sweden[8D]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts