Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what the production codes are for the CLK? I read W208, but I also read C208 for the coupe and A208 for the cabriolet. Thoughts?<p>a204b210n126client90.hawaii.rr.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
W = Wagen = car <br> R = Roadster <br> C = Coupe <br> A = Cabriolet/convertible <br> S = Stations Wagon (T-Model)<br> <br> These are letter designations for vehicle type, most chassis codes are referred by the W designation as it is universal.<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So for, say, the CLK, I could say W208 or C/A 208, then? I suppose that makes sense. Thanks Frank.<p>a204b210n126client90.hawaii.rr.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One more thing...

What does this mean for the G-Class though? I've been struggling to figure it out. You know, for the two wagons and the cabrio. Do you know how that one works?<p>a204b210n126client90.hawaii.rr.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: One more thing...

G-Class<br> G-wagon<br> Geländewagen<br> <br> Hope this helps. ;-)<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, something interesting...

A Class -<br> The significance of the A designation was simply that this car would be positioned on the first rung of the ladder in the Mercedes range. <br> <br> C-class (Compact)<br> E-class (Executive)<br> S-class (Super)<br> G-class (Geländewagen)<br> M-class (Mobility)<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: So how would we derive the -L, and -LK classes?

hmmm here's some more abbreviations.<br> T = Touring<br> R = Roadster<br> <br> C = Coupe?<br> Sportlich - sporty<br> Leicht- light<br> Kompact - compact<br> Kurz - short<p>gk.un.org

1 - 8 of 8 Posts