Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a current E350 owner and am thinking about getting the 09 CLK convertible. But I live in N.E, it gets pretty cold here in the winter, how does the CLK cloth top hold up in the winter? Does it leak?

·
Registered
5 Posts
CLK Convertible in N.E.

I just purchased an '02 CLK convertible and live in the N.E. Though I haven't experienced a winter in the car yet, experienced leaking in the car wash (to those of you possibly thinking why did you do that?!, I have now found a hand car wash facility!). In heavy rain both locally and on the highway between PA and MD, no leakage experienced. Discussing leakage issue with the dealer, they applied a pressure flow of power to the car for 15 minutes and there was no leakage -- indicated that would not be the same power of a car wash. It's been fairly chilly in PA since I've owned the car up until the last few days, and I have no complaints -- love the car! I would think if there were any problems, they would have improved them by '09. The only advice I was given, being a rear-wheel drive car, was to change to snow tires in the winter, which I plan to do. Hope this was somewhat helpful to you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks.....I am going to the dealer soon to see what kind of lease deals they will have on the CLK convertible since it will be replaced by the new E soon....
Also, what about wind noises when you drive in the winter when it snows and rains hard in N.E? How does it compare to a Benz hard top convertible?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wind Noise w/Cloth Top Convertible

In answer to your question, my experience with wind noise is minimal. Can't compare to a hard top MB as this is my first MB. I have no complaints!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts