Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

can anyone help me to find my airbag module clk 2005 model, i have a feeling it may be behind the ashtray but am not certain and don't want to start pulling things out of my car

need to get it sent off to get codes cleared

many thanks
Richard

·
Registered
MY05 CLK55 AMG , MY05 CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
1,577 Posts
The control unit is mounted on the transmission tunnel under the console ,,,to the rear of the shifter....access by prising up the leather boot ,,then reaching in and pulling the cover plate up and out , and disconnect the electric cable.
First time I have heard of having to remove it to get codes cleared ?

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350 Convertible
624 Posts
hi

can anyone help me to find my airbag module clk 2005 model, i have a feeling it may be behind the ashtray but am not certain and don't want to start pulling things out of my car

need to get it sent off to get codes cleared

many thanks
Richard
Never heard of having to remove module to get codes cleared. Why can't they be cleared with SDS or other Mercedes code readers?

·
Registered
2016 GLE 400 4Matic
443 Posts
Never heard of having to remove module to get codes cleared. Why can't they be cleared with SDS or other Mercedes code readers?
If there is hard code. You need to remove the SRS module and send it in to have it Hard clear. The module is behind the ashtray under a plastic cover if I remember. Dealer won't be able to clear the hard code.

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350 Convertible
624 Posts
If there is hard code. You need to remove the SRS module and send it in to have it Hard clear. The module is behind the ashtray under a plastic cover if I remember. Dealer won't be able to clear the hard code.
That may be for a '16 GLE 400 but not for a CLK model.

·
Registered
2016 GLE 400 4Matic
443 Posts
That may be for a '16 GLE 400 but not for a CLK model.
I was in that same situation when I had my C209 (CLK500). Could not even reset it with STAR or even our shop SNAP-On. I swapped modules again behind the ashtray with a used module from another CLK and guess what it did not clear the hard codes. There is a 3rd party is willing to clear the hard code (special programing). Then you also need to change the Vin over to the other module.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,045 Posts
On a W209, when an airbag deploys, it does trigger faults in the SRS module. Those can be cleared with SDS (and possibly other tools). I have heard of so called "lock outs' in the module when airbags deploy, but I can find no documentation on that in SDS. Everything I read there seems to state that once the fault (fired airbag) is repaired, it can be cleared with SDS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts