Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had gotten my clk when the check engine light came on.. took it to the dealership and said my MAS had to be replaced... parts + labor = 525.00. I went on ebay and found a MAS for my car for 60 bucks... im thinking of doing th lkkabor myself.. i mean... the sensor is right next to the air filer... has anyone done this before? if yes is there something i should know before going ahead?

YAHOO juancpath

Attachments

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
60 bucks?!?!?!?!? Are you sure its the right part cuz it costs over 300 from the dealer. It is a quick easy job as str8ridin said. I also see that your in NOVA, I can help you put it in if you want, I live in Gaithersburg, MD.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Humm.. what do you think... is it too go to be true?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7972662496&category=33557&sspagename=WDVW

·
Registered
CLK430 Cabrio
188 Posts
The auction says "THIS ITEM IS IN GOOD USED CONDITION" but doesn't say how many miles it was used for. Maybe if it was less than 30K it might be good deal.

I'd just worry about some guy buying a new MAF, cleaning up his old one, and sticking it in the new box to sell on eBay as new. After all, how would you know until your CEL came on?

Hope no one gets any ideas on that, 'cause I'm probably going to have to buy one myself soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a new unsed v8 mass air if anyone needs it...Will let it go for a good deal...how about 160 shipped! oem mercedes part from local dealer.

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
I would buy a used MAF from anyone or on ebay even if it were only $5 bux.

Spend for a new one, Im sure some vendors here have OE discounted rates. Have peace of mind.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I wouldn't buy a used one since I hear the failure rate is real high.
I bought mine from www.importecparts.com, $270? can't remember. Anyway, the dealer was wrong, that wasn't the problem so I have a spare now.
I didn't change the whole thing, just the sensor. Much easier that way imo.

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
Ya know. I wouldn't cut corners on this car. I see a lot of folks trying to save a buck and IMO this will eventually come back to haunt them if and when something goes wrong. I do so on my Dodge Neon and to some extent on my Ram, but never on the benz. Not for OEM. [8)]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts