Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you someone can do a step by step installation on replacing the stock grill with a aftermarket grill as well as replacing the hood emblem. Pictures would be a plus. I think it would help out the forum a little bit as well. I just purchased a aftermarket grill on Ebay yesterday and would like a good heads up. But not only for me but for anyone else you decides to do a search in the future. Hers a pic on the grill that i purchased from Seller: Jakuo on Ebay for $135.00 plus delivery.

·
Registered
2014 E350 4-Matic Sedan
269 Posts
bro ,,, it is soooo simple...

just unscrew and screw and your done...

The flat emblem i forgot how but its pretty self explanitory also...

Simple to do ... and it will look GREAT when its done... One of my favorite mods...

take some b4 and after pics to post!

·
Registered
2003 Ford Ranger kickass edition. Soon 2003 SL55
437 Posts
I just installed the same grill...The only trickey part was installing the bracket that came with it. The bracket mounts to the hood and comes with all of its own hardware. The top of the grill will clip into the bracket in 4 places. The kit also comes with 4 little pads that I put on the clips (on the actual grill) to snug up the fit. The bottom of the grill is mounted by two screws (you have to use two from your old grill)... You have to install the star seperately as well. The star mounts on the front of the grill with little clips (you have to line them up and twist the star to snug it up. The big black piece mounts up from behind. (I would mount the star before you do anything else). I ended up putting a little glue on the plastic parts on the back side of the star so it wouldnt fall off. If you have any issues PM me and I can try to help ya out.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the input. I will take some before and after photos. Sounds simple so I guess I will see.

·
Registered
2003 Ford Ranger kickass edition. Soon 2003 SL55
437 Posts
mortenso said:
Hey Deltasonik, can you upload a few pics of your new chrome grill.
Hey.. yea I will upload some when I get a sec.. it is the exact same setup as Mr. Pie has.. he has some nice pics on the Wip pics sticky post.

·
Registered
99 clk 320
43 Posts
i bought one of the grilles from ebay. it was incredibly to install. its simply a "direct replacement". the quality of some of these grilles on ebay are somewhat questionable. the picture below of my car is the one i put on. the quality isnt the same as the stock grille, but i like the look of it better. the hood emblem is just as simple. you can do it with just the the twist of some pliers. i personally advise going to the dealership (as little business as i like to do with them) for the flat hood emblem. i bought 2 off ebay in my time, both were cheap knock-offs.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update: My grill came in today so I will work on it this afternoon. Ill take some before and after pics when I get done. I'll post them in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I installed my aftermarket grill last night. Took about 30 minutes after figuring everything out. I'm about 75% happy with it. Its looks a little better but the quality is defiently not a better or equal product. Its very light compared to the OEM grill and made cheaply. Its true about the star could fall off if it is not superglued to the grill. For those who havent bought this grill I would suggest just keeping your old one and save your money unless you can find a better grill than what I have posted pics of above. I took pictures but my battery needed charged up to upload so I will show ya pics soon.:crybaby2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts