Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
03 CLK 55 AMG. BLACK WITH ECU UPGRADE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I wandered if someone could advise me. I have a CLK 55 AMG. Whilst at a merc garage recently one of the mechanics came upto me on the quiet and offered me for 500quid, replace the injecters, Barbus chip etc and said this will give me another 60bhp. He also said that this would cost around 1,370 quid to get it done from Merc offically. Is he pulling my pants down or is this a genuine service merc do and he therefore would be doing me a favour?

·
Registered
1990 300E, 2002 ML500
1,379 Posts
well Brabus isn't genuine Mercedes-Benz, so a Mercedes dealer would most likely not do such work, but Brabus is a very reputible aftermarket modifier for Mercedes.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
What did you mean about a Merc garage?

We have a couple of MB dealer technicians who work after hours for less money here. I would ask the guy for a couple of references and if he checks out, and you want more HP, you can safely go for it. As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with Brabus upgrades.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
39,371 Posts
I would check with an MB expert first (Jonathan at blueridgemb?). Price is good.

·
Registered
03 CLK 55 AMG. BLACK WITH ECU UPGRADE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im from england. so by a merc garage i mean a mercedes showroom/workshop. I have roadtested the car, 0-60 is slightly quicker. 4.9 secs. there also seems to be abit more power the higher i go. Full consumption though is awful. If i rag it about it can go down to 9 mpg. lol.

Anyway im thinking of trading it in and buying the new c class 63 amg soon. it looks awsome.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
OK, thanks for the explanation; we Yanks would call that a dealer and that was what I was getting at. If the guy is a factory trained MB technician, I don't think you'd have anything to worry about. Good luck no matter what you decide! :)

·
Registered
2002 430clk;2005 Yamaha YZF R1;08 Range Rover Sport
1,288 Posts
1300 for 60 HP, I would dyno it before and after to verify, how much is that in us dollars about 2000 dollars, thats a nice ECU retune and nitro kit with money to spare for the new tires you are going to smoke

1 - 7 of 7 Posts