Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i am thinking of getting a 98 or newer CLK 430. I am gonna sell or trade in my 98 Durango slt 4x4. Got a few ?

1. Fast? does it drive fast? could beat alot of cars on the road? potential to be fast?

2. Costs hard to maintain? use premium gas?

and any other pros/cons

thanks!
nick
[email protected]

·
Registered
CLK 430
3 Posts
Pretty fast- V-8
Gas 91 octane or better
everything costs at least a little more

Pretty fast- V-8
Gas 91 octane or better
everything costs at least a little more

·
Registered
CLK55 AMG
5 Posts
I can answer a few.

It does require premium fuel.

Performance-wise, it runs about 6.1 0-60 and a 14.5 or so in the 1/4 mile, fast but no threat to cars like the Porsche 911, BMW M3 or M5, or CLK55, which are all about a second faster to 60 and in the 1/4. Speed is electronically limited to 130, but you can buy aftermarket stuff to remove that. It can be made faster with mods, but mods for Mercedes are considerably more expensive than those for other cars. There are supercharger kits available for it, which run around $15,000 and up installed.

Maintenance is free under the warranty until it expires. After that, they are definitely more expensive to maintain than Japanese or American cars, but you figured that, didn't you? :)

Ok so i am thinking of getting a 98 or newer CLK 430. I am gonna sell or trade in my 98 Durango slt 4x4. Got a few ?

1. Fast? does it drive fast? could beat alot of cars on the road? potential to be fast?

2. Costs hard to maintain? use premium gas?

and any other pros/cons

thanks!
nick
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts