Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone told me I could reset the driver window?

Sometimes when I put the window up it drops down 1 inch.

Can I reset this?
Thanks

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Sounds like it needs to be re-synched. However it may also be binding, so try resynching and if it doesn't work then you have more to do.

The resynch procedure is covered in your owner's manual.

BTW, please take a minute to click the User CP link and complete your BW profile for vehicle and location as that is often useful information.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
CLK200, 163 hp, dark blue, year 2000
26 Posts
To resync the windows push once the unlock button on the IR key than place the key in front of the door (outside) push the unlock button and hold it until both the driver and the passenger windows go to the bottom position. Than push the lock button once and than push the lock button and hold it until both windows go to the top position.

Doors must be closed!

·
Registered
59 Posts
To resync the windows push once the unlock button on the IR key than place the key in front of the door (outside) push the unlock button and hold it until both the driver and the passenger windows go to the bottom position. Than push the lock button once and than push the lock button and hold it until both windows go to the top position.

Doors must be closed!
Hi!
I was wandering if you can help me.
I Just did what you suggested above and everything happened as you mentioned. But I was trying to solve a problem which was not solved.
I was told that the windows should automatically go down a bit when the door is opened (I guess to clear the rubbers on the frame) and go to top position when the door is closed (to seal). I bought the car second hand and have never seen the windows do this. What system/device is responsible to do it? What could be faulty? The windows work as they should. It just doesn't go down/up automatically when the doors are opened/closed. For this reason, I guess, the doors are difficult to close. You need to apply a great speed. And the sealing is far from perfect. It's too noisy.

thanks

·
Registered
CLK200, 163 hp, dark blue, year 2000
26 Posts
Hi, first of all take in mind that not all W208 chassis have the function to lower door windows while opening the door. Only facelift models (as of May 2000 for Europe, I'm not sure about the North American market) have this feature. On W208 chassis the easiest way to check if the car is facelift or pre-facelift is to check if it has blinkers on the side mirrors. If it has - it is a facelift model. On pre-facelift models the gasket around windows is some kind of rubber and have a specific shape which does not require the window to lower. Of the following facelift model it was upgraded and the door gasket is with a different shape so the window needs to lower a bit but it closes better.

I assume that booth windows are in working condition and there is not problem with the electric, wiring, fuses, mechanic or motors. I mean booth windows are opening and closing correctly by the buttons on the dash. If you think your car is a facelift model but the feature is not working properly - first of all visit a workshop and check the car with a diagnostic tools - better with a Star Diagnosis. It is not very likely that the feature stop working on booth doors at the same time.

In general the distance the window lowers when opening the door is set by 4 sensors on each door - 2 in the front part of the glass and 2 in the rear, 2 are from the outside and 2 are on the inside. If you remove the lining of the door (the door panel) there should be 4 screws on the window to calibrate those sensors. But if the feature is present and not working I don't think it will be related to those sensors. Those are more related if the window is sliding too much or not enough. If it is not properly calibrated usually when it is raining or when washing the car it may appear some water drops inside the top of the window.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Now I get it. My car is from 98, so, not a facelift model. I have to look somewhere else on why the doors are not closing so well and the sealing is far from perfect.

thanks for your thorough answer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts