Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
BMW M5
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where's the 3 pin power plug located? Found the fiber optic cable but can't track down that power plug [:(!] Help me please!

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Where's the 3 pin power plug located? Found the fiber optic cable but can't track down that power plug [:(!] Help me please!
Try following the fibre optic cable back under the carpet. It's usually taped back against the cable. (The FO cable is usually not taped back because it should not be bent excessively.)

-s-

·
Registered
BMW M5
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, found the power plug with a bit of corrosion on it but I cleaned it up and plugged bot...

Ok, found the power plug with a bit of corrosion on it but I cleaned it up and plugged both in... Unfortunately, I'm getting the No CD Changer message...Is there something I'm forgetting or need to do? Or am I just missing another step along the way? Thought this was basically a plug and play type of deal...Thanks Scorchie

·
Registered
2015 GLA 250, 2001 C 320
784 Posts
Assuming it is all hooked up correctly ....

Assuming it is all hooked up correctly, you will need to have the D2B ring configured at the dealership. Or if you know someone who has access to an SDS computer you can do it yourself. Did you remove the three shipping screws and set the spring configuration to vertical??

I may have the install WIS for your CLK. I have all of the phone install instuctions for all models and MY's (00-04) which in most cases include the CD changer. What MY and type of CLK do you have?

Paul

·
Registered
2002 C320 Wagon
76 Posts
Re: Assuming it is all hooked up correctly ....

Assuming it is all hooked up correctly, you will need to have the D2B ring configured at the dealership.
Why? My install (2002 C320) of the changer needed no dealer intervention and works fine. This seems to be a variable which, to me, suggests that something else is afoot.

·
Registered
2015 GLA 250, 2001 C 320
784 Posts
It depends ...

...upon what DTC errors the system may have logged now and in the past. You should really have the dealership configure the D2B ring correctly next time you take it in for service. It takes less than 5 minutes to do it. I was told that some errors can shut the system down if it isn't configured properly.

My V60 phone worked fine as well without having it configured except for some intermittant volume problems that haven't hit since it was configured.

I am assuming he has it hooked up correctly ... he may not ...

If you would like to see the MB install instructions for your MY "C" I would be happy to E-mail them to you.

Paul

·
Registered
2002 C320 Wagon
76 Posts
Re: It depends ...

...upon what DTC errors the system may have logged now and in the past
Perhaps. Mine has been installed for about a year now and, in that period, it has been to the dealer twice for service unrelated to the D2B system. It is possible that, having seen DTC errors, they reset it for the changer but I doubt they would do anything without telling me or billing me or MBUSA for it.

Kal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts