Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CLK 430 cabriolet
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

We recently aquired a 430a and last week I pulled up to a fairly low curb (under 4") and realized by the scraping that there is almost no clearance.....no problem, just backed up slowly and endured the grating noise coming back. BUT.....after getting out just to make sure of what damage maight have occured, found the middle louver (looks like a glider wing) of the AMG front bumper on the ground.

Seems that mine is not fastened in permanently, since I could find no clips or anything that had been pulled off. In fact, it seems to have "popped off" from the flexing of the AMG skeleton. Just popped it back on and drove home, but does give you a bit of worry since it could easily happen and you'd lose it.

Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a clip on these things to keep you from losing them?? There are two small mounting holes on a bracket, but they dont seem to have anything to attach to.

Thanks to all

PS anyone know how to get the built in garage door opener to program? I seem to be doing something incorrectly. Did follow the manual.

·
Registered
2003 CLK 430 cabriolet
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok---forget the garage door opener question. Got it to work----just had to hold the butt...

Ok---forget the garage door opener question. Got it to work----just had to hold the buttons for about three times as long as seemed should have been necessary. Anyway, nice feature

·
Registered
CLK430 Cab.
2 Posts
Opener tips

Thanks for the hit on the opener. I have never been able to get the dumb thing to work. I held the button forever and it worked great!

·
Registered
CLK 430 Conv. 2000
29 Posts
Garage door opener programming - CLK 430 2000 Cab

I've never been able to program mine. I hold the remote for ever and it doesn't get programmed.

I've taken it in the shop, they told me it's a incompatibility between the remote control and the car's system.

Anybody else experience the same problem?

thanks

·
Registered
2002 E55
70 Posts
The garage door opener on my 02'E55, 01'CLK55 and 01'ML320 don't work with my current gara...

The garage door opener on my 02'E55, 01'CLK55 and 01'ML320 don't work with my current garage door, but my previous 98'CLK320 did work. My dealer told me all the cars are functioning properly and it must be some incompatibility with my garage door.

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Garage door opener programming - CLK 430 2000 Cab

What is the make of garage door openers do you all have? I had some trouble with mine but eventually got it to work with some modified procedure.[^]

·
Registered
2003 CLK 430 cabriolet
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, hadnt been back to look at this thread in a while.

I was able to program an olde...

Sorry, hadnt been back to look at this thread in a while.

I was able to program an older Sears model, and also a Genie model. Initially I thought I had the openers which required you to find a special program/learn button on the unit in the garage ceiling, but I couldnt find any such button. I was also puzzled because on the Genie system, when I pressed the opener button and the MB mirror mounted button simultaneously, the opener button seemed to not operate the door, which I found to be strange. So I just sat there and held both buttons for what might have been 15-30 seconds or so, and finally the light on the MB mirror control started to blink like they said it would, and the MB button also controlled the door. Very nice feature.

·
Registered
CLK 430 Conv. 2000
29 Posts
Re: Re: Garage door opener programming - CLK 430 2000 Cab

What is the make of garage door openers do you all have? I had some trouble with mine but eventually got it to work with some modified procedure.[^]

My garage door opener is MacLIFT Elite 2007. Apparently it is incompatible with what MBenz is expecting. That's what the shop foreman for Beverly Hilss MBenz told me. I've hold the door opener infront of my car's mirror for minutes and nothing happened.

If some one was able to program the mirror buttons using a differnt procedure than the on in the manual, please let me know.

thanks

·
Registered
2003 CLK 430 cabriolet
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your opener may be one that has to use the "learn" feature. The online literature says you...

Your opener may be one that has to use the "learn" feature. The online literature says your receiver on the opener has a learn button that allows the receiver to recognize the transmitter, so maybe trying that procedure would work. Your manufacturer has a website with all the literature for your opener.

Also, one thing I did different when I got mine to work was to NOT hold the transmitter half an inch from the mirror unit. I moved it away about a foor or so, which is about what the instructions tell you to do. I think in these RF (radio frequency) devices, if you put the transmitter right on top of the receiver, you can overload it and nothing works as it should.

·
Registered
CLK 430 Conv. 2000
29 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I just spoke with Homelink, the maker of the remote door openers...

Thanks for the info.

I just spoke with Homelink, the maker of the remote door openers in most MBenzs and they informed me that they are incompatible with my garage door opener which operates at 40MHz. Homelink operates at 390Mhz.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts