Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CLK320
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CLK 320 or 430

HI, TO ALL Im new to the forum. IM lookng to buy an older 98 thru 02 320 or 420. I currently drive a Maserati on weekends so i was looking to buy an older 320 or 430 for during the week running around. Can anyone give me some direction on which model year i should be looking at. I was considering the 320 cause i really dont need anything for power cause i already have that with my other car. IM very active in the Maserati forum and looking forward to do the same here. THANKS, Lorenz

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey Lorenz,

Which Maser??? I am envious...:D

Think you've answered your own question. The MB's are both reliable. The 320 is more frugal. The chassis is surprizing; far more rigid than I expected.

Good luck with your search

·
Registered
2001 CLK320
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Lorenz,

Which Maser??? I am envious...:D

Think you've answered your own question. The MB's are both reliable. The 320 is more frugal. The chassis is surprizing; far more rigid than I expected.

Good luck with your search
The Maserati I have is a 2006 Gransport, great car. IT could be an everyday driver but i prefer not. SO a nice older CLK would be perfect for me. I love the looks of the older CLK(98 THRU 02). Just trying to figure out which year and 320 or 430. Im assuming the only difference is the motor and are they both 5speed aotu???

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good ride that Maser, Lorenz...

Second opinion... the CLK is now done as a specific model and the latest iteration may become a bit of a collector ... in time. Perhaps edge your search to a W209???

GL with the search

·
Registered
2001 CLK320
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good ride that Maser, Lorenz...

Second opinion... the CLK is now done as a specific model and the latest iteration may become a bit of a collector ... in time. Perhaps edge your search to a W209???

GL with the search
Well I like the 208 body style better. IF u notice the rear side window is rounded towards the back of it and the 209 window is pointed. I also like the back of the 208 better. Just trying to figure out which year of the 208 would be better to buy.

·
Premium Member
2000 CLK 430 Cabriolet 2003 S500 4Matic 2004 S55 2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet 2008 S 450
780 Posts
I recently owned a 430 cabriolet that was written off in a T-bone accident. I too prefer the 208 style versus the newer iteration. While I personally would only consider the V-8 my advice is to get the lowest mileage best serviced example you can find.

That car never failed to put a smile on my face and make me feel like I was young again. Welcome to the 208 family.

·
Registered
2001 CLK320
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i was thinking the v-8 but im also thinking alittle bit better gas milage with the v-6 . i have my other car for power

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
I don't think the fuel savings will be exceptional with the 320, and you may find that you prefer the added power after spending weekends in the Maserati. As I remind myself often, power isn't simply for thrills but also as a safety measure since you can accelerate or steer through a potential accident as well as braking to avoid one.

·
Registered
CLK 430
2 Posts
Definitely go for the 1992 420 CLK

You will not regret it, ever. I bought mine (September 2103) with 72K miles on it and it came with all the dealership service data from the one owner.

I has been great. If your going to get the 2 door you might as well get the power to really push it around if you want or need to.

It actually came with a life time powertrain warranty.

Enjoy the the CLK.

·
It was fun while it lasted
2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC RIP, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
11,133 Posts
Definitely go for the 1992 420 CLK

You will not regret it, ever. I bought mine (September 2103) with 72K miles on it and it came with all the dealership service data from the one owner.

I has been great. If your going to get the 2 door you might as well get the power to really push it around if you want or need to.

It actually came with a life time powertrain warranty.

Enjoy the the CLK.
4 year old thread resurrection?

Attachments

·
Registered
CLK 430
2 Posts
Yes, there is always some idiot troll like your self, that will pop up.

For the remainder of time two things will happen.

People who read this post will know your an idiot troll and that if the option presents itself go for 1992 430CLK

Best,

·
It was fun while it lasted
2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC RIP, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
11,133 Posts
Yes, there is always some idiot troll like your self, that will pop up.

For the remainder of time two things will happen.

People who read this post will know your an idiot troll and that if the option presents itself go for 1992 430CLK

Best,
A troll resurrects a four year old thread giving advice to a poster who acted years ago, to buy a car that doesn't exist calling someone else an idiot. Now, that's funny.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.