1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to this forum and owner of CLK 320.

I am having a weird issue with the car.

The throttle pedal will disable as soon as i release the kickdown switch.

Example :

• i WOT (kickdown), everything goes fine, accelerating and upshifting well, until i let off, then the throttle becomes dead, i have to key ignition off/on while driving and i can use the throttle again.(very dangerous)
  • if i drive it to the max rpm without using the kickdown, it will work with no problem.
  • i made a test, if i am on a parking, at very low speed, i quickly click the kickdown, then release, throttle pedal become dead, rpms falls, and engine finally die/stop. I ignition off and on, and everything working again until i use the kickdown again.
To resume, in every situation, the pedal then the engine will die after releasing the kickdown.

No lights on the dashboard.

Does a bad (stuck?) kickdown switch can cause this kind of problem?

What to look first? Can i remove kickdown while figuring out this for safety reasons ??

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update :

Problem was resolved by replacing the throttle pedal sensor : A0125423317

I just want to correct two things on my previous message, because we made a lot of new tests :
  • Just the throttle pedal became inactive, the engine stayed on (it did not die)
  • No need to push the kickdown switch, it was a matter of how you push the pedal, if you pushed the pedal slowly, no problem, if you pushed the pedal fastly = problem. (we could reproduce the problem on neutral or P)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts