Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Benz'ers...

I have a 2000 CLK 320 Coupe. And the CD got stuck in the CD player. , Can't get it out no matter what. Unfortunately, the Navi is using CD player, so I can't use the NAVI at this point.

Went to Fletcher Jones, Newport Beach, they estimated the cost to be $2,500 to replace the whole unit, because they had to replace the whole center unit.

Question: will any unit from CLK 430 / E320 fit, or where can I find a replacement unit, instead of shelling out $2,500 for this "stuck CD"?

Thought about replacement them w/ an aftermarket in-dash screen unit, but i will lose the functions from my steering wheel.

ANy idea? Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I would try unplugging it from power, wait for a few minutes and plugging it back in, most CD players will reset itself and eject the CD if there is one inside. I have had that problem before and that was how I fixed it, just be sure you have the radio codes before you do it. there is also aftermarket items you can but to still use the steering wheel functions with specific head units, if you buy another one, sell me the one you have now.....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried everything, including using a tweezer to pull the cd out.
I can hear the CD spinning inside, and i know for sure the CD is still inside, because I can feel it when poking inside the CD slot.

Surprisingly, even the dealership say to replace the whole unit. But then again, i guess i am not surprised, since they will be making quite a margin on the labor plus parts. Hmm.. the CD was a compilation CD (a fairly light weight CD, and perhaps the label would've cause the CD to stick there. Who knows... we've gotten used to listening to the radio station and not use the navi.

i will let you know if we ever replace it w/ Pioneer/Alpine/Eclipse

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts