Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :)

I found this site from googling my transmission issues.
I have a CLK 200, just recently, last few weeks...I notice my car lurching forward few times, but it got worst yesterday when I was driving back home, stopped at traffic lights, then moved off sluggishly, all of a sudden it it stayed in 2nd gear and wont change to 3rd gear, thus revving high to move it along in 40mph.

A similar thing happened two years ago, but it was slightly different, it DID change gears but just no power to move off, got that sorted, that was the maf.

I dont think its the maf this time, gears are acting weird, I read somewhere it could be Speed Sensors, but if it is...why does it drive perfectly one day and not on another day??

hope someone can give me a few ideas before I consult a mechanic, because maybe its something I can do myself if its nothing major...

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Hi :)

I found this site from googling my transmission issues.
I have a CLK 200, just recently, last few weeks...I notice my car lurching forward few times, but it got worst yesterday when I was driving back home, stopped at traffic lights, then moved off sluggishly, all of a sudden it it stayed in 2nd gear and wont change to 3rd gear, thus revving high to move it along in 40mph.

A similar thing happened two years ago, but it was slightly different, it DID change gears but just no power to move off, got that sorted, that was the maf.

I dont think its the maf this time, gears are acting weird, I read somewhere it could be Speed Sensors, but if it is...why does it drive perfectly one day and not on another day??

hope someone can give me a few ideas before I consult a mechanic, because maybe its something I can do myself if its nothing major...
The year and mileage would help with diagnostics. And the simple way to go is have the fault codes read out first as this will pinpoint the major component at fault.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The year and mileage would help with diagnostics. And the simple way to go is have the fault codes read out first as this will pinpoint the major component at fault.
Thanks Eric, I will do that next...and be back to give more information...

(CLK 200, year 2000, 110,000miles)

·
52,804 Posts
Thanks Eric, I will do that next...and be back to give more information...

(CLK 200, year 2000, 110,000miles)
You have the 722.6 transmission fitted and the most common fault is the transmission electronics plate, but a code readout will confirm or deny this.

When was the transmission fluid and filter last changed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have the 722.6 transmission fitted and the most common fault is the transmission electronics plate, but a code readout will confirm or deny this.

When was the transmission fluid and filter last changed?
I think you could be right, even though I sorted it myself last night, I dont remember when the transmission fluid was change because the service mechanics never mention that part of the car to me.

This is how I sorted it, for now...
I disconnected the battery, warning!...dont close the boot door as battery is at the back, I accidentally did that and afterwards thought "oh fk!" lol, pulled out the manual key but the boot key wouldnt twist somehow, good thing I got the driver door opened and crawled into the boot from the back seats and re-connected the battery.

Took it for a 1hr spin and WOW! it was like brand new! drove very smoothly and much faster!

However, I think this will be temporary, and gradually will go off calibration again over time, and I reckon its the speed sensor or plates like you say.
so, I'll drive it for another few days and see...

·
52,804 Posts
I think you could be right, even though I sorted it myself last night, I dont remember when the transmission fluid was change because the service mechanics never mention that part of the car to me.

This is how I sorted it, for now...
I disconnected the battery, warning!...dont close the boot door as battery is at the back, I accidentally did that and afterwards thought "oh fk!" lol, pulled out the manual key but the boot key wouldnt twist somehow, good thing I got the driver door opened and crawled into the boot from the back seats and re-connected the battery.

Took it for a 1hr spin and WOW! it was like brand new! drove very smoothly and much faster!

However, I think this will be temporary, and gradually will go off calibration again over time, and I reckon its the speed sensor or plates like you say.
so, I'll drive it for another few days and see...

What you have done is about the same as this;
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1329576-wow-diy-transmission-comp-reset.html

What may happen is you end up with this;
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1446268-atf-transmission-control-module-99-e-6.html#post3538903

And this;
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1570724-my-attempt-replacing-transmission-plug.html

And if so you will need to know this;
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1334827-photo-diy-722-6x-transmission-fluid-14.html#post3531414

The above are shown for the 210 but it uses the same transmission as your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts