Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,
I thought I'd share with you guys/gals how I dealt with changing the Climate Control lights in my 1994 E420. There's a .pdf on these forums about how to do it but it calls for some 5mm sleeve type tool, which I didn't have. I found that taking a 3/16" allen wrench and lightly wrapping the end with some duct tape and then sliding the allen wrench out, will work in removing these 2 tiny lights. To do it I then slid the rolled tape into the hole,over the light and with a tiny jewelers screw driver, lightly run it around the circumference of the bulb to make it stick...then just pull and it removes them perfectly.
I had a hell of a time finding those OS 12/1.2 bulbs. Advanced auto didn't have them Auto Zone didn't have them, Radio Shack (mentioned in a thread) didn't have them either! I wound up at an O' Reilly's and they had the equivalent, EiKO 2721. I purchased them and installing them, used the same rolled tape only just around the tip of the bulb, and used the tiny jewelers screw driver to push it down and seat it. Went out to the car, hooked up the climate control unit and turned on the lights...Tah-Dah...let there be light, and there was..re-mounted the unit and screwed down the wood cover and it's backto it's former glory...Yay!!!:D I hope this help somebody out there with the same issues, it wasn't hard at all especially with the duct tape...good luck and happy motoring!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts