Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
This is normal....I often push the switch for Low fan because on Auto it stays too noisy messing around trying to sustain the temp you set. The only caveat there is in the winter, because Low won't give you enough heat throughout.

Truthfully, the Germans screwed the pooch on the ergonomics of this system.

Kevin
Thank you! I reckon maybe I'm just surprised it makes so much noise compared to the regular airconditioning system I have in my other W124?

It still doesn't explain the noise coming from the vacuum pod all of a suden though. Can anyone tell me what to do about it?

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
Thank you! I reckon maybe I'm just surprised it makes so much noise compared to the regular airconditioning system I have in my other W124?

It still doesn't explain the noise coming from the vacuum pod all of a suden though. Can anyone tell me what to do about it?
Are you sure the noise is coming from a pod or maybe an errant HVAC door? Pods are all behind the dash, unfortunately and some members have noted that not all of them are still available. You can test all the pods (seven) with a vacuum gun at the manifold.....as Jim said the manifold is behind the glove box/passenger air bag area.

Been tales of the blower motor put in backward in here....but if you have good flow of air on high, that's not the problem. As was mentioned, test & clean your sampler motor sensor at the intake grate....up in the overhead light console, that little grate on the far left.

Kevin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Right, so I've done another drive with the car today. Here's what happened today. English isn't my native language so forgive me if something's not too clear.

A cold start in Auto mode with the 0 Button pushed down. I change it to EC to start the blower. Nothing happens. Change it to the middle button (no idea what that's called?) nothing happens either.

I Then press the button with 2 thick arrows and you hear the moaning sound coming from the dash and the blower starts running. On top of this the airco fan in front of the engine starts running full speed. Mind you, I'm driving 20 km/h now but the fan is running like crazy. The car feels shaky as well. I don't need the blower nor a temperature going up because things are good as they are so after 10 minutes, by the time I'm hitting the highway, I press the 0 button but keep the Auto mode on as well.

5 minutes later there's hot air coming from the vents in the dash. Blower isn't running but you can just smell the heater working, if you know what I mean? I head to work and after 20 minutes I get out of the car and smell something burning. As if something's roasted. I've no idea where the smell is coming from though.

Are you sure the noise is coming from a pod or maybe an errant HVAC door? Pods are all behind the dash, unfortunately and some members have noted that not all of them are still available. You can test all the pods (seven) with a vacuum gun at the manifold.....as Jim said the manifold is behind the glove box/passenger air bag area.

Been tales of the blower motor put in backward in here....but if you have good flow of air on high, that's not the problem. As was mentioned, test & clean your sampler motor sensor at the intake grate....up in the overhead light console, that little grate on the far left.

Kevin
I'm not 100% sure but it's always making noise whenever I press a button. 5 hours after my drive to work I get back in the car but now it's raining. Again, auto mode doesn't respond to anything but the button with 2 thick arrows. I push the button to start the blower at its lowest speed and push the button to defrost the window. I then get hot air from both the window and the dashboard blown right in my car. I don't think this is normal, surely it should only be coming from the vents near the windscreen? This to me would suggest faulty pods not capable of directing air into the right direction.

I've no idea where to start anymore. Everything worked 5 weeks ago after I'd picked it up from repairs yet a few days later errors started creeping back in and this is where we are now.

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
Did we ever establish that your HVAC system is the same as what was sold in NA? If not, we're gonna have trouble advising you....the NA system is what most of us here know.

You very well could have some real problems, but we have to know what system you have?

Kevin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Did we ever establish that your HVAC system is the same as what was sold in NA? If not, we're gonna have trouble advising you....the NA system is what most of us here know.

You very well could have some real problems, but we have to know what system you have?

Kevin
Yeah, it's absolutely the same system.

·
Premium Member
6,735 Posts
my 300CE cabrio, I recently had to replace both the heater monovalve/minipump thing thats near the battery, and the vacuum manifold block behind the passenger airbag to get things working again. one of the symptoms was hot air out of center vents almost all the time. when its working properly, the center button and auto fan position and dial your temp, and as it approaches the desired temp the fan slows to a whisper.

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
The fan should eventually slow down on AUTO as the cabin temp sensor gets satisfied........but it will never be as quiet as on just LOW.

Kevin

21 - 27 of 27 Posts