Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1993 190E 2.3 8 Valve w/ getrag 5-speed (Sold)
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my switch to control the blower intensity for my climate control system is broken. i baught a new one from the junkyard but have no idea how to get it in there. i took the wood off and it seems i have to remove the console. could someone plz tell me how to remove the console or if there is a easier way to install it.

·
Registered
1985 w201 Euro 2.3-16vlv / 1992 w201 2.6 Sportline Manual
6,726 Posts
New190EOwner said:
my switch to control the blower intensity for my climate control system is broken. i baught a new one from the junkyard but have no idea how to get it in there. i took the wood off and it seems i have to remove the console. could someone plz tell me how to remove the console or if there is a easier way to install it.
Just remove the console.

Take out your ash tray, you will see two screws down there, pull those out then the whole middle comes out.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
1993 190E 2.3 8 Valve w/ getrag 5-speed (Sold)
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx for the help. got it done. little more complicated. 2 screws to remove ash tray. 2 screws under neath ash tray. remove wood cover from climate cluster. 2 screws under center vents (had to remove the vents to get the the screws). then it popped out :D

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
I was just giving you the just of it. You should have just come to my place today.

I have two cars in PIECES and milosz and i swapped his rear suspensions, euro lights. Interior pieces. We could have shown you everything.

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Well ill be waking up areound 3pm tomorrow to tear more shit off the silver benz and play with my black one a bit if you wanna roll over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts