Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1979 280SL, 1984 280SL
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this earlier on the 126 forum, but I'm still curious why I experienced this problem today- I hope someone can shed some light on this for me. Here is the post from the 126 forum:

1991 350SD- Love the car, hate the Climate Control!

Here is my current state of affairs, and a new problem.

The HVAC in the car is generally inoperative. I have a new monovalve, new aux. waterpump, and a tested, used ccu currently installed. Here are the current performance parameters.

The blower will not shut off. It will operate at various speeds, but will not shut down. I have been told this is most likely due to the "porcupine" resistor. I have a replacment, but have not had the chance to install it yet.

The AC compressor does not run. I do not know if it is the clutch, or a failed compressor.

I have been able to get heat from the car, so I presume my new monovalve and pump are working.

Here is a new problem, that started today. The heat is on all the time! The recirculation switch has a red indicator light, that is newly flashing on and off, and whereever the temp wheel is set- nothing but hot air. A real problem with ambient temps in the 80's.

Ultimately, I need the system to operate as intended. I will settle right now for shutting the heat off.

thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
1979 280SL, 1984 280SL
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had this happen again today. The ac recirc. switch indicator lamp flashing on and off, and full heat blowing. Shut the car off and restarted, licht was off, no more heat.

Any insight?

Thanks

·
Cruise Control
'87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
52,233 Posts
Seems like the chief culprits would be the OVP and KLIMA relays, as well as the aforementioned porcupine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts