Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
02 MB G500, 08 BMW 328i
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My 2002 G500 is recently giving me a strange clicking noises when I start up the engine. The noise seems coming from right in the middle of command (radio) area. It clicks about 4-5 times. Click Click Click Click Click and gone only when I start the engine. I don't have any error code coming up on the dash.

One another problem that I constantly getting recently is the Rear Left Stop Light Bulb error message even though I replaced the bulb to the new Syvania light bulb and confirmed the light bulb is working. I'm pretty sure the bulb has no problem because I replace the Right side one at the same time. Is there any sensor that I need to replace?

Please advise.

Thank you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
556 Posts
I am getting a the same noise on my R class. Did you figure out what it is? I had a loaner C300 recently and it was doing the same thing. Below is my question:
Often when I re-start the vehicle (after a short stop at the store etc) I hear very clearly a flapping, rattling noise on start up that goes way quickly within 2, 3 sec max. The noise never happens on cold start. I did some research and seems that C class owners experience it too. How many W251 owners have that noise? Is it really the purge valve? Should I ask for replacement of the entire valve or just the clip that holds it. C class owners say that the clip may be the reason for the noise... Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.