Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ml430, 99 infiniti i30 limited edition
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow members hows it going? I just wanna share this tip I got from a benz technician, the following is the fast way to clear your codes without using a code reader:

1. Disconnect negative wire from battery, make sure it doesnt touch anything.
2. Put your key in ignition and switch it to on but not start
3. Wait 15 seconds
4. Remove key
5. Reconnect negative wire to battery
6. Start ML and cel is gone.

Thought I might share this to all of you so you dont have to run the cycles or leave the battery disconnected overnight.

·
BenzWorld Post Whore
10 E350 4MATIC
3,832 Posts
Yes definitely good to know...

Kajtek1 said:
so is your radio, sunroof synchronization and likely few other things ..

But I had the same thing in mind as kajtek.

·
Registered
2000 ml430, 99 infiniti i30 limited edition
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have my radio code handy, and my sunroof works fine. All you have to do is do the steering reset, which is turning the wheel all the way to the left and then to the right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
so is your radio, sunroof synchronization and likely few other things ..
That's why there is an auxiliary battery in most Mercedes cars. Should not have a problem if that has been maintained. But could also mean not all systems will be cleared, after there are a million modules in these cars all can have fault codes. Anyway, best thing is to have a good OBD scanner or just a friendly local mechanic that would just plug it in and do a scan and clear for almost nothing.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
18,991 Posts
That's why there is an auxiliary battery in most Mercedes cars. Should not have a problem if that has been maintained. But could also mean not all systems will be cleared, after there are a million modules in these cars all can have fault codes. Anyway, best thing is to have a good OBD scanner or just a friendly local mechanic that would just plug it in and do a scan and clear for almost nothing.

The W163 does not have an auxiliary battery And for most cars that do, that battery's job is not to backup these electronic systems. It's purpose its to provide power to the new fully-electronic gearshift mechanisms so that the car can be shifted out of park for towing if the main battery has died.

·
Premium Member
2000 ML55 sold😢 2013 ML500,😁 2015 C250 estate wagon, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
4,569 Posts
Why have we bought up a 12 year old thread and answered it at that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts