Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do this to all my cars, so I had to do it on CLK too.:D
Somehow I like clean looks without any amber colors showing.

I got some chrome dipped bulbs and clear side markers on eBay. Side markers are from the seller goodstuffs4u0904 and I paid $39 shipped. They came with amber bulbs, but I replaced them with chrome dipped ones.

I was afraid of leaking water, so I applied super glue on the top side. Their quality is not as good as OEM side markers, but it was higher than I expected. I highly recommend them.

Installed

Close up

Front signal - Before

Front signal - After (Amber color is gone)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lights off and on

Did the same thing to the rear turn signals

Close up

Turn signal on

These are what came out of the car. I pulled side markers gently and they just popped out with no problem.

Here are the bulb codes:

Front side marker: 2825, 2825A
Front turn signal: 1156, 1156A
Rear turn signal: 7507

Hope you like them!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Very nice! :thumbsup:

I want to buy the bulbs from that seller but I cant figure out how to "confirm" my new address on paypal. My current "confirmed" address is incorrect. The guy will only ship to confirmed addresess.

Anyways, subtle, and good looking.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!!
I got the bulbs from the seller speedmodsny and side markers from the seller goodstuffs4u0904.

I think you have to add a credit card to your Paypal account and associated billing address. That billing addres becomes confirmed address I guess. You can go to 'Profile' section in Paypal and poke around.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah, your pics inspired me to do a little checking around. I got it done, the corners should be in mail soon. Can you buy the silver bulbs or whatever at local car shops? I might do that or just put clear bulbs in there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried local Autozone, Pep Boys and O'Reiley, but had no luck finding the chrome dipped bulbs. Learned that eBay is the best place to get them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
How did you manage to take out the turn signals?

My fingers seem to be too fat to twist the cap open :mad:
Did you try to do it from the top and from the back? You have to access from the back, not from the top. There should be enough space. If you can't still do it, ask someone with small hands.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
He doesn't have same price all the time. When I got mine, the price was $31 something plus shipping.

Same item from the same seller, but this set is $48.16 shipped.

eBay Motors: 03+ MERCEDES CLK W209 CRYSTAL BUMPER LIGHT CLK500/CLK55 (item 310104671692 end time Dec-06-08 02:18:50 PST)

He has smoked side markers too. I'm sure they'll look good on some cars. Just get whatever you like. This set has higher shipping($12) than others.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-07-MERCEDES-W209-SMOKE-SIDE-MARKER-CLK-320-350-500_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33715QQihZ002QQitemZ120341846768QQtcZphoto

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im sold!

Great post, you have me sold. I hate the stock orange. Especially when that is the only thing on the car that is not black, chrome or red (tail lights). Im sold!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts