Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is helpful or where to put it, but yesterday I learned how to clear the service codes on my 1999 e320:

1. Close trunk, hood and doors.
2. Insert key and turn to position 2. Service Indicator Warning appears briefly.
3. Quickly press and release the trip odometer reset button two times within 4 seconds. Immediately turn key to position 0.
4. Press and hold trip odometer reset button. While holding trip odometer reset button, turn key to position 2.
5. The multifunction display will display a new mileage interval within a few seconds. Release the trip odometer reset button.

On my car, the trip odometer reset button is the "0" button on the lower left side of the instrument cluster panel.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Not sure if this is helpful or where to put it, but yesterday I learned how to clear the service codes on my 1999 e320:

1. Close trunk, hood and doors.
2. Insert key and turn to position 2. Service Indicator Warning appears briefly.
3. Quickly press and release the trip odometer reset button two times within 4 seconds. Immediately turn key to position 0.
4. Press and hold trip odometer reset button. While holding trip odometer reset button, turn key to position 2.
5. The multifunction display will display a new mileage interval within a few seconds. Release the trip odometer reset button.

On my car, the trip odometer reset button is the "0" button on the lower left side of the instrument cluster panel.
I would love to hear more.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Let's not misunderstand - this procedure is to clear the service interval warning that comes up on the instrument cluster - and has nothing to do with clearing "CEL" (Check Engine Light) codes.

Keep the beat !

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
this procedure is to clear the service interval warning that comes up on the instrument cluster - and has nothing to do with clearing "CEL" (Check Engine Light) codes.
lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts