Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen or heard of clear lenses for the headlights of the new C? For those that have no idea of what I'm talking about, look at the headlights of a bmw m5 and notice that u can see through to the bulb of the light. I was wondering if clearing my lens to actually see the bulb (mainly for apperance purposes) would affet the HID lights or if it's even possible to have them cleared. To see through the lens and not have to see all the ridges in the stock set of lenses would greatly improve the look of the front of the car.<br>
<br>
Im not looking for criticism about changing my car or crap about if I wanted to alter a car I shouldve bought a honda. Im simply looking for information that someone other than myself may know.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Impossible...here's why

The pattern on the lens is to defuse the light from the bulb and reflectors to get a certain pattern. BMWs don't require this because they use either projector lamps for the HID Xenons, or they use free form reflectors for the halogen bulbs.<br> <br> Besides, the headlamps are sealed units. You can't really seperate the lens from the unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts