Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone did/has one?
WHere do you get it and how much does it usually run?
My car is getting waaaay beat up by the road sand.

I have seen clear and i have seen painted but where, dont recall.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2007 C280 4matic/2001 Dinan Z3/1973 Porsche 911RS Clone
22 Posts
DIY or have it done? You should also paint the front of the car before you apply it or it won't look good. I had a million chips on my old A4 and spent a couple of weekends with Dr.Colorchip to fill in all the chips with paint. Then applied the clear bra and it looked almost perfect. What didn't look good were the stone chips I missed. If you do paint the car you should wait a week or two before you apply the clear bra. I just replaced the A4 with a C280 and the clear bra was the first thing I did. I do 80 miles of highway every day so my paint takes a real beating without the bra. I will try to find the place I got my film from. I think it was called Aeroguard out of Texas. If you are really handy and take your time you can do it. My Audi was a piece of cake, the MB was a bit harder. Please note that I ruined my bumper piece and wound up buying it again for another $160. Finished I had a long day and about $500 in it. Would have only been $340 if I had taken a bit more time the first go around. To have it applied I had quotes from $700 to $1000. Good luck.

Greg

·
Registered
11 S550 4-Matic
9 Posts
I had mine done at the dealership. $595 out the door. And I can also second what MBCClassboy said. Get some touch up paint and fill in all the chips. I had 2 good ones from the day i bought the car to a week and a half later when I had an appointment. Filled it in, and you can't even tell now.

·
Registered
2011 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys!

MBCClassboy... good point on getting the bumper done first, as far apinting it. I think in my case i have to take it to the body shop and ask them to do that since not only i have the dings but my clear coat is starting to go. I think it might be easier to buy a new front bumper cover and have them paint it than have them work on the old one and sand it donw etc etc.
I was thinking of getting the Riegers front and rear in a near future, so maybe then.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts