Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
190e 2.6
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rec'd. my clear corner lamps today in the mail - will install tomorrow. Any tips or things I should look out for before I put them in. I know it's not rocket science, but just want to know of any problem areas I might run into, etc. Thanks

· Registered
1987 190E
13 Posts
No problem areas I know of. I did this not too long ago. The only thing that gave me a lit...

No problem areas I know of. I did this not too long ago. The only thing that gave me a little problem was getting them positioned correctly, it's a snug fit.

· Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,803 Posts
Only thing to remember is to re-use the OEM bulb holder and dual filament bulb. Most clea...

Only thing to remember is to re-use the OEM bulb holder and dual filament bulb. Most clears are "euro" spec, which means that they only function as a turn signal, not as a running light too. To use the original bulb holder, you should get either a orange tinted replacement, or better, the new silver coated orange bulbs, so there's no orange showing in the clear until the lights are turned on. Orange at the corner is a US DOT requirement and a strict safety inspection guy could flunk you next time.

· Registered
88' 190E AMG
2 Posts
i have an 88' 190 E merc , i was wondering where abouts you got your clear rearlights from...

i have an 88' 190 E merc , i was wondering where abouts you got your clear rearlights from? how much they cost etc..

thanks
[8D]

· Registered
190E 2.6 , 1996 E300
101 Posts
How long and whats the difficulty level?

Mechanically I'm not gifted. I did manage to get my power seat switch out. I'm looking to update my '91 190E with Euro Headlights and clear corners. How much time is involved? Equipment apart from the standard stuff? Do you have to re-wire anything? or is it all plug and play?

thanks alot in advance

· Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,803 Posts
Just doing the corners is about a 30 minute job. Changing out the headlight units is a bi...

Just doing the corners is about a 30 minute job. Changing out the headlight units is a bit longer, since you have to unscrew the trim piece under the light to remove it and if your lights don't come with the Euro-->US adapter plug, you will have to re-wire or configure a plug adapter. No special tools required for the physical swap.

Here's a link with a link: http://azure.bbboy.net/190revolution-viewthread?forum=13&thread=3

· Registered
1990 190E 2.6
97 Posts
Re: i have an 88' 190 E merc , i was wondering where abouts you got your clear rearlights

i have an 88' 190 E merc , i was wondering where abouts you got your clear rearlights from? how much they cost etc..

thanks
[8D]

They're talking about the the front corner (turn signal) lenses. I haven't seen any clear taillights, but there are all-red, smoked and black.

· Registered
1990 190E 2.6
97 Posts
Re:
I've only seen the clear rear lenses available in the UK....

I've only seen the clear rear lenses available in the UK.

Pardon my ignorance, but are they clear or white...or are those the same thing? If u know where any pix are, I'd like to check em out. Thanks.

· Registered
190E 2.6 , 1996 E300
101 Posts
Re: Re:
I've only seen the clear rear lenses available in the UK....

I've only seen the clear rear lenses available in the UK.

Pardon my ignorance, but are they clear or white...or are those the same thing? If u know where any pix are, I'd like to check em out. Thanks.
go to www.ebay.com type in 190E in the search and about 20% of the results will be for various types of "clear corners" I missed one set of "smoked" corners. I think they look amazing. I fear the cheaper clear corners will appear white when installed next to Euro headlamps.
ssb
I've attached a sample of what you may find, and no I don't work for them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.