Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so recently I have upgraded a few things such as my taillights (slightly tinted but clean) and new 19" Falken Koblenz rims. However some of the lights are starting to bother me since they are dull (this being a 97 it has the yellow tint) in places such as the dome lights, bottom of the doors (i belive you have to take the door panel apart to do such any links?), license plate, ect... so i plan on using these Super white L.E.D.s from Superbrightleds.com like my friend did on his subaru. The difference was amazing. so i suppose my question is will the L.E.D.s affect the sensors for the lights if i do it to the revirse, brake, and taillights? I heard they have a much lower input/output or something that will cause it to say the taillight is out? and if so is there a solution to this problem? has anyone done this with basically all there interior/exterior lights? new to this fourm any help would be great! thanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
The

reflectors and the lenses were not configured to reflect led bulbs if you install them in the tails and brakes it will not put out the same light and will not be visible at the proper angles.That and it may throw the light warnings.
Brighter brake,headlight,side marker,reverse,and selective yellow euro spec fog bulbs are avail from Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply
if you want brighter and more visible lights with no bulb malfunction warnings.
ohlord:bowdown:

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
35,782 Posts
Funny like things go around. I am in the process of restoring 43-years old Airstream trailer. Those things are highly "collectible" and people go long way to keep it original as far as they can. Some go even to making custom license plates, that looks like originals from years ago. I went thru the hassle of buying old stock original marker lights to keep that look. Gave up on taillights and put LED, because the old lights had too much corrosion and after cleaning different contacts 3 times it still wasn't reliable. But I am keeping the original lights for the future. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts