1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML350
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I saw the post here on cleaning the Purge Valve:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1349467-diy-cleaning-purge-valve.html

The PDF mentions removing the enter AND exit hoses, however on my 2004 ML350 I definitely see one hose, but then the electrical connection and then something with a white connector which I am not sure if I should remove or not.

Here is a photo, anyone have an idea exactly what to remove and spray MAF into? I didn't want to mess with the white connector if I didn't need to. Then there is the hose in the bottom and electrical up top.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2000 ML430 (Sold)
1,209 Posts
That PDF is for an E320. Obviously the valves are different, so i wouldnt recommend following it to a tee. Why are you cleaning your purge valve?

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML350
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the P0455 code. I cleaned it thoroughly, replaced the gas cap, but the check engine light is still on.

I guess it might take a cycle to clear the code. The empty fuel blinking light comes on too (didn't on the drive home) sometimes even when nowhere near empty.

I guess my plan is to not fill it beyond 3/4th tank for a while in case its something else (cylinder?) and see if the check engine goes off.

Cleaned purge valve and it is clicking so not broken, replaced gas cap, guess the next step would be a smoke test?

Thanks for your responses.

·
Registered
2000 ML430 (Sold)
1,209 Posts
If you own a code reader i would suggest erasing it and seeing if it comes back. That code is very generic and will show up on even he cheapest of scanners.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts