Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience cleaning the carpets in the 140? Any tips or reliable products available. Or should I leave it to the professionals?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
If you've got stains I don't see why a decent carpet cleaning or fabric soap won't work...that being said I'd test it on a small corner incase it fades or something.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Has anyone had any experience cleaning the carpets in the 140? Any tips or reliable products available. Or should I leave it to the professionals?

Thanks
any bottle of decent carpet cleaner that you would trust to use in your own home and then just vacuum it nicely and it should be fine. You don't need anything super exclusive.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I first tried a car detailer. The shampoo'd the carpets for $30. Good job, but the next week I noticed a couple of spots that didn't come out. I have a friend that owns a truck mounted carpet cleaning business. I asked him to clean the carpets. The rugs look new now. He used an upholstery wand for the job. He machine is a near waterless system that leaves the fabric only very slightly damp. It dried completely in about an hour. Total cost for a professional job $50.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I used a carpet cleaning product by armorall. takes a bit of elbow grease for the deep stuff, but overall it gets the job done. I do all of my interior with armorall products.

·
Registered
396 Posts
For spot cleaning stains, I use TurtleWax in the spray can with the red scrubber attachment. It gets just about everything out. Every 6 months or so, I use my home steam cleaner to go over the entire carpets and mats.

trey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts