Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love classic Mercedes vehicles. I currently own three 300Ds and a yellow1978 450sl.
My everyday driver is a burgundy 1984 300D with 419,000 miles on it. It is a nice little car. I recently drove it on a 1,400 mile round trip and it performed beautifully. I have a blue 1985 300D which I also drive a good bit. It has 279,000 miles on it and has made the same 1,400 mile trip on two occasions within the past year. I have a second 1985 300D but it is currently being used as a parts car due to the fact that a tree fell on it and crushed it during storms last year. It only has 190,000 miles and the motor runs great.
I am currently replacing the passenger side camshaft, rocker arms, and timing chain in the 450sl. I was surprised to find that I was able to get a camshaft from Mercedes cheaper than I could buy an aftermarket product. When I finish the mechanical work I am going have a new yellow paint job put on it and replace the chrome wheels with yellow Mercedes hubcaps. My wife loves driving this little car with the top down. I look forward to being a forum member. I am also wondering if I should always use a zinc (ZDDP) additive in my oil in the 450sl after replacing the camshat.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld

1 - 2 of 2 Posts