Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
SLK32
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting the c63 coupe. I was ready to pull the trigger until I heard about this lawsuit. After looking into it more it seems like it stops at 2011 model. Referenced wikipedia on m156 engine. How do we really know it was fixed in 2012? Anyone hear of a confirmation of this? Hopefully Mercedes steps up, if it is really a concern, and give some extended warranty or some other compensation. I don't know how accurate Wikipedia is.

Dave

·
Registered
2000 BMW M5, 1997 F250, 1998 Altima, 2005 Honda Repsol 1000RR, 22FT Bayliner Capri Bowrider 5.0L
106 Posts
this was an issue with early m156 engines, you have nothing to worry about with a 2012. also the vehicle will be under warranty for a long time anyways, and then you will likely buy an extended warranty (at least i hope you do). so what do you have to worry about?

·
Registered
2014 E350W4
125 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the c63 coupe. I was ready to pull the trigger until I heard about this lawsuit. After looking into it more it seems like it stops at 2011 model. Referenced wikipedia on m156 engine. How do we really know it was fixed in 2012? Anyone hear of a confirmation of this? Hopefully Mercedes steps up, if it is really a concern, and give some extended warranty or some other compensation. I don't know how accurate Wikipedia is.

Dave
Lawsuit only applies up to 11's. The issue was corrected for '12.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts