Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

On the down-stroke, my wipers seem to clash a little.
Anyone know of a walkthrough to adjust them?
I gather they are removed when the B service is performed to access a filter.

Thanks,
Babybenz

·
Registered
A160 W168 /2002
546 Posts
That was the case on the w168 I thought they had overcome that problem by re housing the filter further forward on the w169

My pages 16 & 42 may help you adjust them, it is normally only one tooth on the spline of the wiper arm drive that makes the difference.
Also remember to try them on a wet screen they drag on a dry screen and don't clash on a wet screen where they move more easily they will .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was the case on the w168 I thought they had overcome that problem by re housing the filter further forward on the w169

My pages 16 & 42 may help you adjust them, it is normally only one tooth on the spline of the wiper arm drive that makes the difference.
Also remember to try them on a wet screen they drag on a dry screen and don't clash on a wet screen where they move more easily they will .
Hi Lofty,

I came across your site and read it with interest.
I can only hope you get round to the same sort of write-ups for the W169 (if you already haven't) for those of us who are finding a distinct lack of 'how-to's' for this model.

Do you know of any such sites? I'd like to know exactly how to perform an oil and filter change on this (cd200 cdi) in the future...

·
Registered
A160 W168 /2002
546 Posts
Sorry no but you could start one! Which is what I did when I bought my W168 and couldn't find info.
As for you oil filter I know my CD will help it does have a number of W169 files on it and costing less than one plug may save you a bob or two.

Apart from the under floor pans there is very little if any difference from the W168 but ensure you buy the correct oil filter use you VIN and be sure. the plastic filter cap may also be a different size but you can check that , it is down the back of the engine see my page 46

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry no but you could start one! Which is what I did when I bought my W168 and couldn't find info.
As for you oil filter I know my CD will help it does have a number of W169 files on it and costing less than one plug may save you a bob or two.

Apart from the under floor pans there is very little if any difference from the W168 but ensure you buy the correct oil filter use you VIN and be sure. the plastic filter cap may also be a different size but you can check that , it is down the back of the engine see my page 46
Hi lofty

If I knew how to do the stuff I'd post how to's with pics! I'm no mechanic but am happy to follow instructions.
Sound like a good idea; I'll place an order.
How many diys does it have for the w169?

·
Registered
A160 W168 /2002
546 Posts
babyben2006
Having gone to great lengths to put my site together I'm not prepared to duplicate it on all the various forums I have made it available FOC to those that visit and put it on CD and I know that that in itself will save you a great deal of money

Just because MB have chosen to call your car a W169 'A' class doesn't make it in a number of instances any different from the W168 as I said apart from the filter, change for change sake in my view, pity they hadn't put some of the other common defects right instead.

The CD is there for those that want it, and it will save you money if your into DIY. W169 90+

1 - 6 of 6 Posts