Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right W140 forum members; the 94' has made me decide to get a coupe. So now I will have a sedan and coupe in both the 126 and 140 variants.

I have a lead on a 99' two owner CL600 which will be up for sale after the first of the year. And I get first dibs on it.
Silver over black.
At sale time, will be between 76 and 80 k miles.
Garage from day one.
Full dealer maintenance records.

Asking 12,997. Being offered to me at 12,500, if i take it.

Opinions.???

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Opinion?
I can only give my opinion about the S500 sedans and coupes since I've had both.
Don't know anything from experience about the CL600's although I have read much about them on Ken Rockwell's site

From experience now, I prefer the sedan, but it's difficult to make that decision. The sedans are much more luxurious with those adjustable rear seats and is a much more majestic vehicle than the coupe. Although I will say that the coupe is more fun to drive.

I guess it all depends on what you want the CL600 for. Is it for cruising around in the Florida sunshine? Is it to add to your collection?

If the vehicle has a documented history of care and it is what you want and you have the cash, it seems like the price is right. Life is short so why not get what you want and enjoy?

Best to you.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Post the maintenance history and then we can tell you exactly what you need to pay or rather what you will need to spend in deferred upkeep on it.

unless it is a one owner there is no way you can verify wild claims like "garaged". look at the trim with a microscope, that's the best way to check for sun damage, which in fl you want to make a priority.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
If you want global advice from all of us here on the forum, post photos, post more details as you know them. As Dr. Atlas suggests, if you want it, get it. From your description, you'd be starting with a good car to begin with. But as Gyrate says, we should have more information to help you judge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts