Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 CL55 AMG w215
rh rear window inop-code in rear sam hard fault B1010-015...low or no volts at term KI.30B.
Where is this ???

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,381 Posts
I do not have a full list of DTCs, but the B group are certainly concerned with 'body' faults. I took a look around the circuits, but I can find no terminal KI.30B. MB terminals/connectors generally have prefix X or A.

The term k is usually reserved for relays, but relay kI has nothing to do with this problem. It is for steering column height adjustment. Also the rear SAM (N10/8) mainly controls the rear lights, not the rear windows.

Rear side windows are powered by the Rear Control Module (N22/6), which is located under the rear seats. I have attached a RCM circuit and location drawings which might help your search.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not have a full list of DTCs, but the B group are certainly concerned with 'body' faults. I took a look around the circuits, but I can find no terminal KI.30B. MB terminals/connectors generally have prefix X or A.

The term k is usually reserved for relays, but relay kI has nothing to do with this problem. It is for steering column height adjustment. Also the rear SAM (N10/8) mainly controls the rear lights, not the rear windows.

Rear side windows are powered by the Rear Control Module (N22/6), which is located under the rear seats. I have attached a RCM circuit and location drawings which might help your search.
ok Thanks
I did check rear control module N22/6 it clicks with left rear operation but not with right so it makes me think its KI.30b must be inside it ???
I disconnected plugs-applied power/ground to the m10/6 motor wires terms 3 and 4; and confirmed operation of motor.

btw-Steering column adj works

2 different AM scanners show this code as a hard code after any reset and key on check
The active data shows window switch operation from the rear switch but not the master switch for this rh rear window.
I checked again to confirm exactly the code definition from 2 scanners...
B1010-015 voltage to term KI.30B is low or not present

Thanks again for you help and insite

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,381 Posts
ok Thanks
I did check rear control module N22/6 it clicks with left rear operation but not with right so it makes me think its KI.30b must be inside it ???
I disconnected plugs-applied power/ground to the m10/6 motor wires terms 3 and 4; and confirmed operation of motor.
OK. I'm beginning to suspect a bad window switch here.

So the rear window power motors are both OK, and the left operates with the rear window switch, but the right does not. But which window switch group is that? There are 2 modules handling the power window switches.

As I understand it, N22/6 drives the motors. It has inputs from S21/15 switch group on the rear center console. S21/15 s1 for left rear window. S21/15 s2 is for the right rear.

Also, Left Door Control module (N69/1), has Switch Group S20/1 to control all four windows from the door.

S20/1 s1 = left front. S20/1 s2 = right front. S20/1 s3 = left rear. S20/1 s4 = right rear.

From examination of this circuit diagram below, I note connector 6 on N69/1 carries the wires from the window switches S20/1. Pin 7 has the tag K1-S1.
Could this be associated with your diagnostic fault message? Also you might be able to check-out switch operation (at the loom end) with this connector removed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2003.5 600CL; 94 e320; 1985 500 SEC; 1985 300D Turbo. Many others over the years ...
253 Posts
Same Rear Window Issue

This is a great thread, and I really appreciate the upload of the technical data. Unfortunately, though, it hasn't helped me yet.... Car is a 2003.5 CL600; right rear window doesn't function with either switch. Fortunately it's closed, but not tightly, so I get some annoying wind noise @ speeds above 50 ...

Anyway, I checked the fuses, and of course they're fine. Also disconnected the rear DCM and let it sit for a while before I powered it back up. No dice. Took a chance and bought a replacement regulator (complete), but when I plugged it in (prior to installation but after disassembly of my rear seat), the motor didn't come to life. So I didn't proceed with replacing it bc it looks like a hassle and doesn't seem to be the problem, anyway. Then again, I haven't returned it yet, either.

Next step was replace the rear window DCM, which I did this morning. No dice. Haven't hooked it up to a fault code reader but from what I've read, that may not help us much. So I'm thinking switch, too, but I'm puzzled as to how it could be both switches that are inoperative -- unless the juice needs to go through the first switch (i.e., the one on the door) to get to the second switch (i.e., the one on the back of the console). I may be able to figure it out from the diagrams but haven't looked yet.

FWIW, I recently had the whole drivers' side door panel off to fix a similar problem with the driver's side door. Thought it was the DCM, but it turned out to be faulty wiring in the accordion sleeve. That was a very tedious repair, but I was meticulous with my work and inspected everything carefully before stitching her back up. Pleased to say that that surgery was successful, but I wasn't aiming to fix the window that's now inoperative. That said, the wires in the door that go from the front DCM down to the window switches were not really inspected when I was in there because (again) I wasn't dealing with that problem. Will check that next and report out. Please do the same.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Booesq...never got to the bottom of it-replaced rear sam no help.so I removed rear panel and powered up motor to close window and left it that way-I do not drive it much so it sits in the garage for now -keep me updated on your findings.i am thinking the same...wiring in frt door accordian sleeve Thanks

·
Premium Member
2003.5 600CL; 94 e320; 1985 500 SEC; 1985 300D Turbo. Many others over the years ...
253 Posts
Booesq...never got to the bottom of it-replaced rear sam no help.so I removed rear panel and powered up motor to close window and left it that way-I do not drive it much so it sits in the garage for now -keep me updated on your findings.i am thinking the same...wiring in frt door accordian sleeve Thanks
Yeah, that's how I closed mine, too, then disconnected the regulator so it wont open again on its own .... I already repaired the wires in the accordion boot, though :frown

·
Registered
Mercedes 420 SEC, 1989
4 Posts
Had exactly same problem, tried exact same things you did and I managed to get it sorted. It was my fuse under rear right seat which controls rear window.
I even scanned my problem it was same code fault B1010-015.

What happened to me, is I was not driving my car for 1 - 2 weeks during snow storm. After 2 weeks, my window for some reason stopped working, I suppose it was stuck for ice. After my windows were clear from ice, I noticed all windows working apart from my rear right one. I removed fuse for rear right window, under rear right seat and it looked completely fine. after few days, I swapped another fuse to check maybe it was bad, however still same. And now, I don't know why, but there was empty slot, near my rear window fuse and I put it in that empty slot and bang, windows working like new.
Sorry for my English, basically try to put fuse in empty slot or just try to change it with new one, might help you save some dollars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts