Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CL55 W215
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to change the steering wheel on my 55 from the dull brown (Java) tiptronic wheel to a wood/leather version. I can get a decent price on an AMG style non tiptronic wheel and was then looking to simply transplant the tiptronic buttons onto the new wheel. Merc don't do a nice AMG wheel with Tiptronic :crybaby2:

The tiptronic buttons are simply pressed into the existing wheel into a recess in the foam/plastic and then connected by two wires. What's to stop me fitting the new AMG style wood and leather wheel, cutting out the recesses and attaching to the existing wiring ?

MP-Design do an aftermarket tiptronic wheel but it's a double the price I can get the non tiptronic one for.

Cheers in advance !

CJ

·
Registered
2003 CL500
211 Posts
What is your budget? I have friends in Cali who can get you Wood or CF or just Leather wheels with the tiptronic.

HMS - Harbor Motor Sports

ALi

·
Registered
2003 CL55 W215
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is your budget? I have friends in Cali who can get you Wood or CF or just Leather wheels with the tiptronic.

HMS - Harbor Motor Sports

ALi
Hi Ali - got one on order now and can transplant the shifter buttons over from my stock AMG wheel. Investigating fitting the paddle shifters which are available from MB.

Thanks for responding though.

Jonny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts