Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CL500 - Tansanite Blue - 19" AMG rims
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone please tell me the size of the standard door speakers?

I want to upgrade my non-Bose system and remove the COMAND head unit.
I do not have the current navigation map, the TV doesnt work as we now have a digital system in the UK and seriously, who still uses cassettes??
I appreciate it was hi-tec in 2001 but things have moved on since then.

Cheers,
Sean.

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
Could anyone please tell me the size of the standard door speakers?
Why not pop the door trim off and check yourself. Do you think that a different model woofer with the same diameter will sound much better?

Of course your 10 year old entertainment is obsolescent. So will that fitted to 2012 cars be in 2022!

·
Registered
2001 CL500 - Tansanite Blue - 19" AMG rims
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would pop the trim off but I'm working in Germany and the car is in the UK at the moment :crybaby2:, I'm just trying to plan my upgrade before driving the car to Germany next month.
I have my eye on some Focal component speakers and yes, I believe these will be far superior to the standard equipment, along with an Alpine head unit and amplifiers.
I would imagine cars of the future will have full internet access and the ability to download music direct to the car!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mercedes CL500 door speaker

Why not pop the door trim off and check yourself. Do you think that a different model woofer with the same diameter will sound much better?

Of course your 10 year old entertainment is obsolescent. So will that fitted to 2012 cars be in 2022!
Can anyone tell me how to get the speaker cover off of the door speaker without damaging the door panel?

·
Registered
2003 CL500
33 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to get the speaker cover off of the door speaker without damaging the door panel?
The grille/cover does not come off separately, but rather requires removal of the door panel. Best how-to write up is attached. You can also find great information here How do you remove door panel on CL500? - MBWorld.org Forums

The speakers are 5.25" and almost anything that size will fit. The speakers are housed in a simple plastic mount (attached). Caution: I tried several higher-end speakers and separate components and di not find many that were better then the stock Bose speakers in my 2003 CL500.

I am looking for the time to post a complete summary of Command replacement and speaker choices too.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts