Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1997 E320
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering about those cl style grills for the w210. Many people on the forum thought that those grills did not look right on a four door. I dont think it's the insert but the crome frame around it. On the cl and even the clk theres no crome frame. My ? is if anyone knows of a company that makes the cl style grill without the crome frome for the w210. Not an insert but a grill with just the fines and no crome from. The grill would look much better that way. And if so any pics of one thanks.

·
Registered
03 E500
120 Posts
Hi, Performance Products in CA makes a CL-style grill without a visible frame for W210. They have one small pic in their catalog, but unable to tell if it would look good or not...www.performanceproducts.com
Tom

·
Registered
2012 ML350, 2005 AMG E55, 1998 E320, 1993 300CE CV Wide Body Twin Turbo
331 Posts
Is this what you were talking about?
I installed it, and right of way hated it, it's in my garage for sale if you want it...

Attachments

·
Registered
1998 E320
171 Posts
Babushka said:
Is this what you were talking about?
I installed it, and right of way hated it, it's in my garage for sale if you want it...
Why'd you hate it?

How much do you want for it?

How tough was it to get in?

THX

Bob

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Hey, Babushka.

I can appreciate you hating that one. I've been trying to find a black one -- without the Giant Star (isn't that a Carl's Jr. Burger??) -- for some time; I think that would look okay on an E. But since I can't find one, I can't test my theory. :)

Anyway, have a great weekend and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
95 Posts
just got this grill from ebay. poor quality pic,sorry. i originally saw it on an mb world member's car. looks good for now, but i might have the chrome strips painted black as my old grill was all black.

amg flat emblem comes in tomorrow-looks gaudy with the huge star on the grill and the hood star.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 MB E320
150 Posts
45acp said:
just got this grill from ebay. poor quality pic,sorry. i originally saw it on an mb world member's car. looks good for now, but i might have the chrome strips painted black as my old grill was all black.

amg flat emblem comes in tomorrow-looks gaudy with the huge star on the grill and the hood star.
that grill looks nice, how much was it?

·
Registered
00 W202, 04 955 S, 08 e90
1,704 Posts
looks good except for that space on the top left of the star. doesnt' make it clean overall.

·
Registered
95 Posts
osdesierto said:
looks good except for that space on the top left of the star. doesnt' make it clean overall.

yeah...some ppl think it's broken. but that's where the latch pull is. it's like this on most newer mb's with the star in the grill. plus the flash on the cam made it look very pronounced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts