Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cl 600 2002
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My check engine light came on, so I took it to this local euro car mechanic (warranty expired). He diagnosed 5 misfires and an O2 sensor. He recommended changing the plugs first and see if the O2 sensor goes away. After canging all 24 plugs(BERU) The check eengine was still on, 10, 11, and 12 were misfiring. He opened it up to double check the plugs and coils. Noticed the 3 plugs had some had some black "spots" on top. Coils seem fine. Does anyone know what this problem could be? Someone suggested it could be electrical ie: a controllerfor those 3 plugs. Thanks

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
174 Posts
Had the same problem with my W208. I had the coil packs changed. Cars running like a beast now.

G

·
Misfired are due to bad O2 sensor. If the O2 sensor is bad or not working right, the engine will run lean therefore cause the engine to misfired.

·
Registered
Cl 600 2002
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for advice! My local mechanic is telling me to change the ignition coil module. Dont want to throw out $6-700 and it doesnt solve the problem. What do u guys think?

G

·
The O2 sensor is very cheap (around $150). I would agreed with your mechanic if there's no bad code for the O2 sensor. I still say it the O2 sensor !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts