1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes CL 55 AMG Kompressor (2002)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

It is a very bad day for me...... :crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2:

About 10 minutes after I arrived at work this morning, somebody said that a car was "smoking" outside in the car park. I looked at the window and saw a large cloud coming out of my CL 55 AMG.

I ran outside instantly, trided to open the car but it was impossible (keyless go system !). There was a thick grey smoke inside the car and some electric systems had switched on automatically : headlights (on the left hand side only, indicator, inside ventilation, inside light).

Some colleagues came with a fire extinguiser but we could not use it as the car was locked !!!

After a few minutes, the smoke dissappeared.

I then went back home to take my "normal" key, finally managed to open the car and the result is :

- fire has started below/behind the dashboard on the passenger side. There is lot of melted plastic parts on the carpet,
- The base of the windscreen is black/yellow on the passenger side, as well as the top part of the leather dashboard,
- The roof lining is very dirtyu as well as all the seats, which have a greassy dirty black dust on them.
- You can also imagine what it smells like inside !!!

The car is now out of use, impossible to start or even to have any power to the radio, windows, seats, etc.

I have absolutely no idea of how it happened. Can anybody help me ? Did this happen to some of you ?

Tha car has been taken to the nearest MB garage, I am now waiting for the insurance inspector to have a look at it.

I'll try to make some pictures of the inside when I go to the garage, and put them online.

Thanks a lot for your comments/exlpanations about this unexplainable matter.

·
Registered
Mercedes CL 55 AMG Kompressor (2002)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would it be possible that a cigarette thrown by a car in front of me was "aspirated" and ended in the blower, then putting fire on the car ?

·
Registered
2003 CL600
455 Posts
Would it be possible that a cigarette thrown by a car in front of me was "aspirated" and ended in the blower, then putting fire on the car ?
I don't think that is possible, really not possible in my opinion.

So have any pics? What did the dealer say caused the fire?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts