Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations as far as radar detectors or??? that work against Italy's detection system?

Hai qualsiasi raccomandazioni in quanto riguarda un rivellatore di radar che funzione contro il sistema Italiano?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
2 words

VALENTINE ONE!

http://www.valentine1.com/

pics of my install (go to bottom of post)

http://benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1190685&posts=10&hl=hardwire

Hands down its saved my life 50 times!

Deathy

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
Can't have those suckers here in VA....illegal. And they use the radar detector detector...the VG1

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
I've been using my V-1 in Virginia, and it seems to be almost undetectable, either that or the State Police don't really care all that much. I wonder how good their detector detectors are?

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
They normally use the VG-2 Interceptor. The way I understand it is if your detector does not have stealth technology (shielded oscillators), they pick up on the emissions of the reference oscillator.

·
Registered
SLK 350 + AMG Kit
491 Posts
Well...
I'm sorry about that.. right today I got 2 cars in the back!!!
I was goint to 50Miles/h!!

All of a sudden a truck stopped by almost a day (I discovered later) in the middle of the lane!
By the other side... another truck coming my way! So... two choise... 1) Hit the track coming by the other side.. 2) Being hited!

I was hited!
some pics follow!

Not alway is fault of the high speed BUT... if I was going top fast I coud hit the truck stopped in my lane!

This truck was not "advertised"/"signaled" (I'don't know the english/american for that word) in the right manner!

After a hill, just as soon as you get out from the hill, 30mt/100ft later the truck!
at 15mt/50ft a sign... bilded by the truck driver with all stones picked by the side of the road and a thin tube with a trust in!
Well as soon as I saw the truk.. (luckely I was not looking at my girl as she alway want!!! [:(!]) I saw the stones and the trust.
So I strongly pushed the breaks and turning across the obstacle and line up again to avoid hitting the truck coming by the other side!
Then I heard the first beat! BoooM!.. I just looked at my mirror... praying! And... BoooM! A woman driving the Audi A3 new version hitted me! She hit the trust and the tube stucked into the A3 bumper at first and then another car a Fiat Ulisse drove by a police man hitted her that moved on me!
All this in 15mt/50ft!

I understood later the Police man was in a hurry!
He was going to buy a S.Valentine's gift for his wife before the shop's closure.

Well... my girlfiend was so upset because it took 3 hour to write down and complete everything that our day ended up quickly and badly! [V]

Anyway...
Here in italy it is illega!
And the also have various system not deteachable from V1 and Bell as any other.
We have Vascar in "normal" cars. Subaru Impreza! Quite fast cars [:)]
And by the way.. if they discover you to have one of this V1 or Bell you get 6500$ ticket!! Anc say goodbye to you driving licence![8D]

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts