Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
BOOsted W126
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well not to long ago i put on my bodykit, car has different fenders because the old ones where rusted. put some new rims on, did some minor stuff. cars getting lowered tommaro with h&R and bilstein all around. car is going to the bodyship in a couple of weeks so ill try to take as many pictures as i can. tell me what you think

Attachments

·
Registered
1966 200 Diesel; 1985 500 SEL (wrecked); 1991 420 SEL; 1979 280E (Home Market); 1993 190E 2.6
584 Posts
Looks sharp, can't wait to see what it looks like after some paint. IMHO the steering wheel needs to go, it looks like the one on my Sea Ray, not too becoming for the Benz though.......

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
LG500SEL said:
Looks sharp, can't wait to see what it looks like after some paint. IMHO the steering wheel needs to go, it looks like the one on my Sea Ray, not too becoming for the Benz though.......
Looks better than the bus steering wheel it came with from the factory.

·
Registered
1982 380 SEL
235 Posts
Supercharged SEC said:
ehhh that's arguable either way. Personally I don't mind the original steering wheel, and I would prefer to have a mercedes badge like the original.

·
Registered
1982 380 SEL
235 Posts
BTW the rest looks pretty nice Civic. Show us some pics after the job is done.

·
Registered
'91 560SEC
940 Posts
whoa, i'm really feelin the look, bodykit and wheels go well together, definetly a hot ride once it gets painted up! keep up the good work! :)

BTW, what kind of bodykit is that?

·
Registered
BOOsted W126
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its the erubani bodykit, got it from a guy cheap so i put it on, i didnt like the original steering wheel so i changed it, i think it looks better, ill post pics of the car being painted

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
864 Posts
woah civic, nice, may i ask where u got that strut bar from? i've looked all over for a 1989 560SEL strut bar but havnt found one...

·
Registered
BOOsted W126
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the strut bar is off a toyota MR2, you will need to fabricate brackets to make it fit, couple hours of work and helps in handling a lot

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
864 Posts
CivicTuning2 said:
the strut bar is off a toyota MR2, you will need to fabricate brackets to make it fit, couple hours of work and helps in handling a lot
will the strut for an MR2 fit my car as well?

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
I'd be surprised...there's a whole lot on the 560 to get in the way where this strut brace is running.

Jonathan

·
Registered
03 ML500, 94 CADILLAC DEVILLE CONCOURS, 350ZR
975 Posts
Not to be an asshole, The fender doesnt look like it line up correctly with the panel under the headlight. Or is it me?

·
Registered
89' 300SE 80' 240D
616 Posts
Cant wait to see it after paint job only thing i would have done was left the chrome strips in the grill "chrome" verse all blacked out.... Still looks nice

·
Registered
BOOsted W126
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no you are correct, the panel doesnt line up under the headlight because the fender is dented a little bit, its going o get fixed by the bodyshop guy

·
Registered
81' 300SD, 82' 300D
4,021 Posts
Supercharged SEC said:
It would look better with the "bus" style wheel there, only if it were the same color grey as your interior.

Just a little note to those who swap steering wheels. There's a good reason MB put the giant steering wheel in the W126. The width of the steering wheel is about shoulder to shoulder. That way, it better absorbs the body's impact in a front end collision (in non-airbag equipped models), and the width of the steering wheel also forces the driver to position their arms in such a way while driving that it is less fatiguing to the driver on long highway drives than with cars with smaller wheels. My 2¢.

·
Registered
1985 500SEC
200 Posts
CivicTuning2 said:
well not to long ago i put on my bodykit, car has different fenders because the old ones where rusted. put some new rims on, did some minor stuff. cars getting lowered tommaro with h&R and bilstein all around. car is going to the bodyship in a couple of weeks so ill try to take as many pictures as i can. tell me what you think
Good job, I am glad you forgot about the vertical doors. Cheerio, Teutone (aka Horst K)

·
Premium Member
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
Coming together very nicely! how about take it to the bodyshop sooner though?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts