Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78' W123, 00' W163, 05' W211, 89' RRC
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know if the "City Lights" are really as awesome as I hear. I plan on doing the euro light conversion, and wanted to know if they all came with the city light option. Plus, is the switch easy?

·
Registered
483 Posts
The city light is just a little peanut light that illuminates for others to see you, its not meant to light the road.

You have to hook it up with your turn signals, but I didn't feel like stripping wires, so I didn't install the city light.

·
Registered
1984 300CD, 1983 240TD Euro
2,651 Posts
The Euro's are an easy switch. You may need longer screws and they need to be relocated but the holes are there. You will need to get the correct sockets/plugs. They simply snap apart and the wires pull right out/in. Disconnect the Battery B4 so you don't blow the fuses. [:D]You need to splice into the amber side lights (not turn signals) to wire the "City Lights". Here is my diagram(again).[8D]

EDIT: The grey/black and grey/red are for the "City Lights"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Hey Bowen, are you putting Euros on your Manila Beige W123? I was thinking of how it would look like to have my car equipped with them. Goodluck on your Euro light hunt!

·
Registered
78' W123, 00' W163, 05' W211, 89' RRC
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, im doing the Euros, I've got the clear corner lenses, and my dad bought me some 18" AMG's for my birthday, so I figured, why not go all out? Plus, I'll be the only kid on campus with anything like that. I'm soon to post some new pics, and when I get the euros, you all better believe that there will be pics up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts