Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 d turbodiesel
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a 1984 300 d turbodiesel.... would like to know a reputable mechanic to run diagnostic checks on many of the systems.
- engines idles shaky at times
- small oil leak
- speedometer, tach, and gas gauges don't work

-would like to have transmission checked to see if its OK
- small amount of play in steering

if anybody has suggestions on other things.... please help. I'd like to restore this car over the next few years

·
Registered
300 d turbodiesel
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
300 d turbo

thanks.... so you would suggest Precision Motorcars rather than the "official" Merc-Benz of Cincy? Can they do all the diagnostic work etc...and at a lower price?
thanks!

·
Registered
300 d turbodiesel
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
precision motors

....Trying out your advice. I'm bringing my 300 d turbo in for a complete diagnostic check on this friday...
Thanks

·
Registered
240D
3 Posts
CINCINNATI MECHANIC

HEY THERE I HAVE A 240D AND THERE ARE A COUPLE OF OLD SCHOOL MECHANICS AT MERCEDES OF CINCINNATI THAT HAVE WORKED ON MY CAR AND THEY ARE VERY GOOD.... RICHARD AND GARY HAVE WORKED ON MY CAR AND THEY ARE VERY GOOD WITH THE OLDER CARS

·
Registered
300 d turbodiesel
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Precision Motorcars...Cincinnati

Thanks for the tip regarding this Mercedes repair center! Excellent customer service. Excellent technicians. Excellent work. Fairly priced.... and I'm certain they came in at a much lower cost then the Mercedes Benz of Cincinnati Dealer. I'm quite satisfied with their work and I'll be going back there next week to shore-up another small problem with my 300 d turbo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.